||•••Chapter four•••||

Mae's POV

I slammed my locker door shut, leaning up against it as I pulled my phone out of my back pocket. Putting headphones in one ear as I scroll through my music, stopping on an ATL song. I shove my phone back into my pocket.

I decide to just relax for a second and observe the hallway.

"Hey Mae" Ellie smiles as she walks by. She's in my history class.

"Hey" I smile back "how are you?"

"I'm good! But hey did you hear? Luke Hemmings just got a detention." She pulls out a piece of gum, popping it in her mouth and shoving the wrapper in her pocket.

"Again? Doesn't surprise me anyway" I laugh.

"Yea apparently it was a fight over some girl. At least that's what I heard, I guess she wasn't actually there, just two guys fighting over her."

"Who was he fighting?" I ask

"Jake Santora" My stomach drops but she only smirks "Oh but Jake didn't get detention I mean you know how he is he talks his way out of everything"

"Yea....." My eyes drift down the hall

I didn't want to talk about Jake, not now.

"Well I gotta get to class, talk to you later" she smiles as she spins on her heal before walking away.

I groan before walking in the opposite direction, towards the Art room. The bell rings as I'm halfway down the Hall.

"Damn" I mutter, jogging towards the Art room.

I swing the door open ducking down so Mr.Ladonez won't see me.

He turns his back so I take the chance to run to my seat, plopping down in my chair just before he turns around.

"Nice" The boy next to me mutters.

"Thanks" I giggle

"Ok guys today we will be starting your watercolor project. Paper is in the back, paint and brushes are over by the sink, lets go"

I jump up, walking around the art room to get my supplies. I stop, Paint and paper in my hands, when I hear someone laugh at the table next to me.

Are they laughing at me for some reason?

I look in their direction but they are only pointing at something on their phones.

I let out a relieved sigh, walking back to my table.

I sit down, organizing my station before starting my painting. Once I had the outline done I started filling in things.

"That's really good" the boy beside me spoke up again.

"Thank you" I smiled looking at my watercolor flowers.

He smirks.

"I'm Michael by the way I'm new to this class"

"I'm Mae" I begin painting again "I like your hair by the way" I glance up at his red and black spiked hair. He grins.

"Thanks"

I glance up when my art teacher sits down across from me, folding his arms on the desk.

"Hi Mr.L"

"Hey Mae that's good" he smiles

"Thanks" I laugh "but I don't know what to put in this corner" I point to my paper.

"I would just extend this petal over here and then-"