||•••Chapter Nine•••||

Mya's POV

I shuddered at the thought of Luke as I walked to science. I swung open the door of my most hated class and sat down in my seat.

In walked Luke, running his hands through his hair and playing with his lip ring between his teeth.

Damn.

"Hey." He says nonchalantly

"Hey?" I say in question.

"Yeah you know as in a hello statement" he says, annoyed.

I sigh, rolling my eyes.

"So detention should be a blast later huh?" He smirks.

"You know I really don't like you right? In fact I hate you."

He laughs at my comment. "No you don't."

"I'm pretty sure I do" I raise my eyebrows.

"No see actually I think you do like me and just don't know it yet." He smirks, digging in his backpack for something.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing" he laughs. I wanted to slap that stupid smile right off his face I hated him so much.

I don't say anything else and neither does he. After science he walks away without another word, once again.

-

Detention. It came faster than it should of. I took a deep breath before slowly walking inside and sitting in a seat in the very back row.

A couple minutes passed and Luke walked in.

"Please don't sit by me please." I mumble under my breath.

But of course he did, right beside me.

I sigh as he smiles at me.

"Fancy seeing you here"

"Yea whatever."

By then there were about eight other people in the room. Two girls, in front of us with blonde spikey hair, three football players that looked like they were just in a fight, two other boys near the front of the class, and one more boy diagonal from me with light brown curly hair.

"Alright, no cell phones, no music, no talking. You have one hour time starts now." The detention monitor says from her desk.

I didn't have any homework. Well I had french but I didn't like french very much so I decided to just not do it.

10 minutes later and Luke hands me a fucking note.

I raise my eyebrows at him and he gestures for me to open it.

I sigh, slowly unfolding the piece of paper.

Hi :)

I roll my eyes and look over at Luke, who's staring at his untied shoe and tapping his pencil against his desk.

I decide to write him back for his own amusement.

Hi.

I hand the note back and look around the room, detention was going on for forever it seemed and it had only been 10 minutes.

Luke hands the note back a second later.

What's up?

I glare at him and hold out my hand as a 'what's the point of this' gesture.

He smirks and points to my pencil.

Jesus Christ.

Why are you writing me notes?