||•••Chapter eight•••||

TORIS POV

I stepped off the bus that afternoon and slowly trudged up to the door, unlocking it with a click.

It was Thursday so that was good but I still didn't want to go to school tomorrow.

I collapsed on the couch, pulling out my phone and scrolling through tumblr. I got a text not too soon after.

Apparently Clara and Mya were on their way to my house.

I responded with a "k" to Mya before switching on the Tv to watch the latest episode of American Horror Story.

Just 20 minutes into the show and Mya and Clara walked right inside my house. I sat up pausing the tv on Twisty's face. "Fuck" I mumble, switching the tv off instead. Twisty was horrifying.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask

"I need help" Mya mutters, shoving her phone in her pocket and walking towards me, plopping down on the couch.

"And she told me to help too" Clara tells me, she was still in her cheer uniform so I guessed Mya dragged her here from Cheer practice.

"Where's Mae?" I ask

"She has an art project she has to work on" Clara says.

"What do you need Mya?" I turn to her

"Ok well Luke is in my science class now and he was like still an asshole to me but then he like stopped talking to me and he just kinda smiles at me and says hi but other times he still is a jerk and now we have detention together and he said he wasn't gonna have a party tomorrow because of it but then I asked the real reason and he said he plans which made me be like what because we all know luke has a party every weekend why does he suddenly have plans and is lying about and I don't know what to do because I really fucking hate him but now it seams like he's being nice but it's not like I would ever trust him because it's luke so i don't know I don't want to go to detention with him and I fucking ugh I'm stressed!" She says in one breath.

"You need to calm the fuck down" I tell her.

"Mae told me yesterday that Luke hit on her" Clara adds.

"What?" I ask

"Yea Luke was late and I asked how he got in without getting in trouble and apparently Mae helped him and she told me he hit on her and was pissed about it"

"Well then we are going to Maes to talk to her" Mya says standing up and I knew she wouldn't give up on it so I followed giving Clara an 'annoyed with Mya' look which she returned.
-
Mya bounced up the stairs to Mae's tripping on the way up but safely landed in front of the door. I told her to knock but she ignored me and walked right in.

"MAE" Mya yells, stopping inside, with her hands on her hips.

"UP HERE" Mae yells from upstairs.

Mya bounces up the stairs, Clara and I following. Mae was in her bedroom. She had the largest room do to artistic purposes. As soon as they moved into the house she declared it as her room by painting all over her walls.

Mae had one giant piece of paper rolled out on her floor. My Chemical Romane was blaring through her speakers and she spun around when we came in.

"What?" She asks wiping her wrist across her forehead, smearing the paint she was covered in even worse.

"Can I talk to you about Luke?" Mya asks switching off the music.

"AWWW" Mae groans, gesturing to the music

"Just let her ask you" I tell Mae rolling my eyes. Clara hops around the painting and lies down on Mae's bed.

"Okay" Mae sighs, kneeling down to paint more.

"Clara says Luke hit on you"

"Oh yea" Mae says scrunching up her face "so he texted me, not sure how he got my number, and told me he needed help getting into the school so I snuck him in and then he hit on me."

"Why did you help him anyway?" Mya asks

"He needed the help I wasn't gonna say no" Mae stands up, grabbing a different paintbrush.

Mya sat there, thinking.

"Hey have you ever thought about painting your ceiling?" Clara asks randomly.

"No!" Mae yells her head snapping up.

"That would be awesome" Clara states

"Wouldn't the paint drip?" I ask knowing Mae wouldn't just paint it a solid color, she'd paint a fricking galaxy or something.

"Not if you did a thin enough layer-" she's interrupted by Mya

"But wait about Luke-"

"Mya can I ask you a question" Clara says

"Yea?" Mya questions

"It's only been a week since this party and you are killing yourself about this Luke thing, why?"

Mae and I make eye contact quickly before glaring at Clara.

"What?" Clara asks "All I'm saying is that I don't see why she's making a big deal of it. And how things moved so fast in only a week. Like yea I know he was an ass hole but you guys just met and he's driving you insane already."

She had a point with the just met part.

"I just hate him that's it. I hate him." Mya says sternly.

"We can stop talking about it." I state

"Ok" Mya nods

"You'll be fine Mya you're a tough girl get through detention and science and you'll be fine. Just don't let him treat you like shit." Mae states

"Alright" Mya nods

"What are you working on?" Clara asks

"Oh!" Mae says getting excited "its a family tree for my art project. See I wanted to paint a tree but I had to incorporate some history so I decided to make it a family tree. But I didn't want to just paint normal faces so the branches form the outlines of the faces."

It was pretty awesome to be honest, large branches came off the trunk and then from there, thin branches spread out and intertwined with each other to create a silhouette.

"How did you think of that?" Mya asks

"Artistic vision" Mae smirks

We all roll our eyes.

YAY UPDATE ITS A FILLER I GUESS BC Mya AND LUKE R KIND OF CONFUSING RN BUT IM TRYING MY BEST. I CANT REVEAL THE WHOLE BACK ROUND YET SO JUST COMMENT HERE IF U HAVE QUESTIONS