Chapter 25

The wedding was the news story of the century.

NEW YORK TIMES.... dateline January 3, 2019

Headline:
THE AMAZING CAMERON BLACK MARRIES...SORRY GIRLS

"The Amazing Cameron Jacob Black married Kay Elizabeth Daniels in a private ceremony at the beginning of the New Year. His brother stood as best man along with Gunter Gustafson, Mike Alvarez, Jordon Kwon and Percy Gray. Kay was attended by Jessalyn O'Hara, Dina Clark, Vivian Choi and Karen Fitzgerald. The choice of music was unconventional; "How Bad We Need Each Other" by Northern Wonder. It does; however, speak of the bond that exists between the two brothers. When asked, Kay said there had been no other choice; whatever that meant is anyone's guess.

The reception was held at the Archive, the Black twins' family home for one hundred close friends and family. The press was invited to join in the happy event. The color scheme was a light lavender accentuated with blue. The menu consisted of a variety of world cuisines and everyday comfort foods, favorites of both sides. The cake was designed and prepared by the godfather of confectionary Ron Ben-Israel, a three-tiered masterpiece with a hint of cinnamon, at the bride's insistence. There was a small chocolate Oreo cake for those of the same persuasion as the groom.

The bride wore Dana Harel, the gossamer tulle and lace radiating a silhouette accentuating romance without being overtly sexy in a soft ivory, absolutely stunning. The woman wore the same designer creations in varying shades of lavender. The groom and his groomsmen sported Armani, slate gray with a deep blue tie complimenting the magician's gorgeous blue eyes and the overall color scheme of the nuptials.

Kay's family are said to be exuberantly happy for their daughter. A small memorial was said during the service to pay homage to her sister Caroline who died at an early age and an uncle from Cameron's family, Charles, who passed away recently. The only member of the Black clan in attendance that we could verify was a previously unknown grandfather who travelled from Norway for the celebrations.

Cameron Black's and to some extent his brother Jonathan's private lives have been a well-guarded secret over the years. There is an understanding that one of the bridesmaids, Jessalyn O'Hara, a reporter previously for the Las Vegas Gazette has been given the go ahead to write a detailed biography after the ceremony. This expose will also include the events surrounding the past two years of the brother Jonathan's life, who is said to be marrying said reporter, to be held later this month on the anniversary of his release from jail on unsubstantiated charges.

The happy couple are said to be enjoying a month-long honeymoon in Japan, at a shrine dedicated to peace and understanding, returning in time to celebrate the brother's joining.

It is believed that all members of their team, whom this reporter has learned are treated as a close-knit family unit. These individuals have been present for most the twins' extraordinary lives for the past two decades, after the tragic death of their father, the infamous Sebastian Black.

The entire group will be residing in the Black family complex, which has been going under extensive renovations this past year. A new studio has been installed in the underground space so they can continue with their long-practiced tradition in the magical community. Jonathan Black will be staying in the background as he develops his skills in design and engineering and pursuing his passion for photography; giving him and his new bride time to adjust to raising his two twins from a previous alliance.

After talking to many this reporter found they are thrilled with the prospect of the upcoming new extravaganza planned for early in the summer. Anticipation is high for the project as it has been too long since the tragic events that had plagued the brothers this past two years.

Cameron will be returning to the stage but will not take up residency in Las Vegas in deference to his new wife, a decorated agent with the FBI field office in New York.

This reporter would like offer a toast to the new couple and wish the family a bright and deserved fantastic future. And, as the groom is so fond of saying.... Nothing, is Impossible!"

******************

"Uncle Cam, Uncle Cam." The two tousled-haired boys came tearing into the downstairs practice room to find Cameron upside down, hanging from chains, blindfolded and in a straightjacket. Gunter and Jordan were keeping an eye on the tablet.

"Hurry up Cam – this should be a piece of cake for you."

"Yeah Uncle Cam, you do this all the time...." The blindfold came floating down, resting at the two boys' feet, the straightjacket quickly following. A few seconds later Cameron was standing, wiping the sweat from his forehead. He gave his nephews a huge grin.

"What's up squirts?" They were vibrating with excitement. Growing like weeds, he noticed that the shirts they were wearing were overly tight. "You should have your mom and dad get you some new threads guys. What are you now twelve?" That earned him a fit of giggles.

"No... we're five today!" He looked shocked.

"Five? Wow – so what do you plan on doing going out, taking your girlfriend on a date – what?" Again, with the giggles and them both climbing up his legs.

"Birthday CAKE! Auntie Dina made it.... chocolate Oreo!" Robert lost hold of his uncle's leg.

"AND ICE CREAM.... don't forget the ice cream!" David let go, following behind Cam.

"Okay.... okay, let's get upstairs, I'm sure your parents are looking for you. I don't want to get in trouble with them again, for letting you down here – "

Kay was waddling towards him as he rounded the stairs. He stopped to give her stomach a fond pat and a kiss. "How's the little one?" She smiled but was hoping that the last month would be easier than the previous eight. She was tired and grumpy. He brushed his lips against hers and pushed her hair behind one ear eliciting 'yewww' from the two boys.

"Uncle Cam is making kissy face again with Aunt Kay...." Cameron just rolled his eyes and watched as his nephews went scooting over to the table.

Dina was in the nook trying to get a meal put together for everyone. It was the one day of the week they had decided everyone would show up for dinner.

They were expecting Mike and the boys this week as well. It was to be a full house.

Jessalyn came running up the stairs, followed closely by Jonathan. "What are you two doing now, bothering your uncle. He's trying to practice for the show." But she smiled with a patient understanding. Jonathan messed with each of his sons' hair as they pulled out their seats.

Life was good.

Just as everyone was getting themselves seated around the humongous oak dining table, a wedding gift from Chimon, a knock came up, echoing through the hallway. The kids were the first to sprint down the stairs. "Watch what you're doing.....David, Robert." It was no use they were already opening the big door. A few minutes later they were lugging a box up the stairs. It took them both to push it the entire distance.

"What is this now?" Dina had got up from her place and walked over to the twins. Her eyes went wide. "Jonathan, Cameron....I think you better come look at this."

Both Black twins looked at the tag. "Oh, for Christ's sake."

The tag on the box read "Happy Fifth Birthday – Love MOM."