11. Part

Part of the journey is the lull

"Welcome, Citrine-- wait, why are you so dirty?" Wallene froze at the door.

Citrine was covered in dust, dirt and mud. Well, it was reasonable seeing she didn't have a decent wash in three days, but this was overkill.

Her long sleeved shirt was ripped down the shoulder, and her hair was bundled in a mess of rocks. It was an awful sight, and Roxanne scratched her cheek, a bashful admittance of error.

"Ehe," Citrine didn't know where to begin, "stuff happened on the way."

"Would it be trouble if I were to borrow the bath, Miss Wallene?" Roxanne spoke up, politely bowing before making an entrance.

Wallene watched with muted surprise, but promptly led them in. "Of course, the bath was just drawn," she was quick, frantic, "neither of you are injured, are you? Wally, could you bring the first aid kit? Oh, please stay the night, Roxanne, we're really grateful you brought Citrine over the mountains, so please have dinner and breakfast before you--"

"Alright, alright, Wallene, calm down," Citrine fussed, trying her hardest to assure the woman she was alright, "we just had uh, a little too many Pokemon battles up there."

"I'm very sorry for neglecting to care for our health, but I assure you neither of us are seriously injured as we took proper breaks in between," Roxanne held Wallene's hands in hers warmly, "please forgive me for my oversight."

Wallene actually flushed, "no-- it's fine!" she seemed horrified to have a renowned Gym Leader actually wholeheartedly apologize to her, "please raise your head! it's fine, really!"

As the two had their adult fuss over responsibility and the lack thereof, Citrine removed her belt, placing it and her Poke Balls on the cabinet.

"Hi, Citrine," there was Wally, holding up a few towels in his hands, and a first aid kit in the other. He called out to the girls with a meek and reserved smile, approaching them with quick little steps, like a rabbit-- "the bath is drawn, so go right ahead."

Citrine took the towel, grateful, plucking off her shoes, she hoped mud wouldn't be tracked in. 

"Miss Roxanne, let's wash off the mud before it sticks!" she called out to the older girl.

Soaking in the tub together, they seemed content. 

"Nothing beats a nice, long soak after a journey!" Roxanne was in bliss. She leaned back, and although there wasn't much space with two in the tub, she enjoyed herself.

Citrine scooped up a handful of water, watching it stream across her fingers and return to the still flow in the tub. There was a cut across the side of her palm, just a scratch, not enough to bleed. Perhaps, it was from when she fell this morning.