26. Tears

Find a new purpose

Find a new purpose.

It was filled with Pokemon, as expected.

Various structures were struck down, possibly in a previous fight (it would have to be a strong Pokemon, to have toppled such huge buildings) but otherwise the facilities were fully functional.

Citrine was carried down by Wattson, her wheelchair hauled down in Coil's robot arms, because her wheelchair had no way to get down the first flight of stairs.

"You could set up a slope or a slide for the ones in wheelchairs!" Citrine suggested, "or a lift for the elderly... shaped like a merry-go-round ferry!"

Wattson carefully set her back down on the wheelchair as Coil right about exploded.

"That's a great idea! We could encourage disabled children-- ah, we could make a resting area for parents and elderly right over there! We'll also need restaurants and facilities-- ooh, so much to do..."

Citrine chuckled at the sight. Already, he was tearing through pages of notebook papers filed with sketches and plans. Wattson looked on, intrigued.

"It was a good idea to bring dear Citrine down here!" Wattson grinned, wide and toothy, "we may as well take this time to iron out the creases in preparation for our grand opening!"

Citrine looked at them and it's sort of funny. Two grown men getting excited over a new project. She hoped she could stay and watch it come to fruition.

(Maybe she will.)

There's a loud crash, and all heads turned to the source. A small power plant had toppled in the distance-- and even from here, the burn of static electricity and the whirring of razor gears could be heard.

Magnemite scurried out from the spot, flying dangerously and crashing into each other. Sparks spilled from their bodies as they frantically vacated the crash zone.

"Mister Wattson," Citrine called, only to realize they were moving too.

Coil had run on ahead, while Wattson put his hands on Citrine's wheelchair and they rushed to the scene.

Citrine clutched the Poke Ball in her hand tight.

-

It was chaos.

The power plant was set up in an area, and one had toppled, shattering another in its fall. It caused an electrical discharge that would soon spark into an explosion--

"There are Pokemon trapped underneath!"

Over the scurry of Electrike and hovering Magnemite, Citrine was wheeled over but left aside as Wattson ran over to help. Citrine, after all, shouldn't get too near. What if it blew up and she couldn't dodge?