18. Cliff

Being weak is fine

Being weak is fine.

"Whismy, Lotty, stop that!"

Prying Whismur out of Lombre's claws Citrine suppressed the little ball of sheer anger with a hard hug, glomping it tightly even as it struggled to get one last punch in.

Whismur made an Uproar, the loud volume making Citrine flinch and let it go. 

Lombre used Fury Swipes, clawing dangerously in the direction of the plush toy-like Pokemon, who hopped around to around the attacks, bumping over various things in the process.

"Stop it, the babies are watching!" she snapped, reaching out for the Pokemon-- 

Lombre's claws ran through Citrine's arm, leaving a nasty scratch in its wake. Blood sprayed out of the wound, petrifying the two Pokemon instantly.

"Oh no!" Citrine was least shocked of the group, "the pillows! the walls! Wurmy, get a rag before it leaves a stain!"

Holding her handkerchief over the wound, Lotty and Whismy stood and watched-- their owner, blood dripping down her elbows... there was blood spilling from her left ear too, (did Uproar shatter one eardrum?)-- their fault-- yet not worried about anything but the walls of the Daycare Center.

For a different reason this time, Whismur used Uproar.

"Wha-What's happenin' back here?!" Lady Haruna burst in, irritated by the noise.

A patch of cotton at one ear, a wrap of bandages in one arm--

"So Uproar really could break eardrums..." she mused with slight interest, "I guess a little hearing deterioration wouldn't be too much of an issue..."

Whismur screeched softly, tugging at her clothes and wrestling in her arms. It didn't like what Citrine just said at all.

"Sorry, sorry," Citrine pulled the Whismur away from her before the little thing accidentally broke another eardrum, "I'll take care of myself, I promise."

Whismur huffed, satisfied.

Her feet dangling over the edge of the cliff, Citrine admired the view of Mauville's mountains before her. Endless greenery pulled through the horizon before her, empty yet so rich.

Lombre and Wurmple were back in the daycare centre, helping Lady Haruna with putting the children to sleep-- yet, she had pulled Whismur aside to talk.

"Hey, Whismy, you remember how we met?"

Whismur perked up, curious.

"Maybe you don't, huh. You were still a baby back then, after all... it's even before my brother set out to Johto," she muttered to herself, "but I remember."

Whismur huffed, stubbornly insisting he remembered-- maybe?

"Even now, I still feel it," she whispered, keeping a tighter grip on Whismur. Her fingers trembling, she closed her eyes and breathed out-- "y'know, I'm actually scared of Dustox now."