28. Together

United We Stand, Divided We Fall

"Oh, Citrine! You switched to an active wheelchair?"

When Citrine was finally deemed able enough to be released from supervision, she worked on her rehabilitation harder than anyone else.

Now she visited the Pokemon Centre, and the Nurse Joy are more than familiar with her now.

Citrine grinned with a happy hum of approval, "once I get used to this, I can continue with my journey!"

It was about time for her to get back on the hike, anyways. She just needed to settle the loose ends in this town.

"How's Magnemite?"

"It'll be up completely in a few days, Citrine," she led the girl into the back room, "it's been waiting for you all day."

Citrine wheeled her own way in, to the nursing wards of Pokemon who were recuperating from dire injuries.

On one of the beds, a Magnemite turned its magnets when it spotted the girl. In its excitement, it tried to float, only to tilt from uneven weight and land on Citrine's lap when the girl rushed forward to receive it.

"Looks like the screws are still loose," Citrine observed, taking in the cracks that couldn't be healed but were bound together with bandaged to keep them together.

"It's unfortunate," Nurse Joy agreed, "but it seems that the screw no longer fits into the socket. We're looking into a suitable spare part to fill in the hole, but so far there's been no luck."

And Citrine hummed at that. The screw on the top of its head was shaky and jutted out a little more than usual... the little gap between the body and the screw head--

"Citrine!" Wattson barged in, surprising all of them and the injured Pokemon on the beds, (Nurse Joy sent him a warning glare and he flinched), before he marched up in a panic.

"What's wrong, Mister Wattson?" Citrine cradled the little Magnemite in his hands, depositing it back into the bedding before turning to the Gym Leader.

"It's your Lombre!" Wattson couldn't really understand indoor voices right now.

Citrine froze. Then, it registered, "what?!"

-

Lombre was hanging off a branch at the edge of a very tall cliff, and it was steadily crawling further.

"What an absolute cliche," Citrine muttered under her breath as a crowd formed, "what is she trying to reach?"