[Chapter 9]

[A/n: Good luck!!]

More walking, more training, forest surrounding you most of the day. The usual. Though everyone can't help but notice that the forest keeps getting darker.
CH: "I miss the sun," Chan sighs.
"We'll be at an open field soon."
BK: "How do you even know where to go? It's so big, don't you get lost?"
"I'm a butterfly. I fly around all the time. From village to village. I basically know it by heart."
SY: "Except for the way to Kul Tamar."
"Yeah. That's why we need those clues to find the way."

Another day and night passes. All day the four members were training their powers, but Sehyoon the most. As if preparing for war, he trained like his life depended on it. His skills have grown a lot in those two days. But you felt a little lonely. Donghun was always hanging out with Jun for some reason. You knew they had to train, but you still wanted some company.
The next day, Donghun was walking next to Jun again. Watching him play with fire. Despite him acting like a child, Donghun thought, he's cute. Jun suddenly looked up at him.
J: "Did you just call me cute?"
DH: "What?! No! Why would I call you cute, you punk."
J: "That sounds more like you. I got worried there for a second."

Night falls again and everyone goes to sleep. All the boys are drained, you can see that constantly using their powers tires them. You let them sleep in a little. When they wake up you continue your journey. The environment changes more into marshland, then into forest. Once again the forest has darkened a little. Some trees and plants are withered. Sehyoon has stopped training for a little and comes to you and Donghun.
DH: "Y/n?"
"Yes?"
DH: "Can plants talk in this world?"
"No...why?"
DH: "Is it weird if I say that I can feel the plants' pain? Or more like I can hear them cry out in pain."
"Are you sick or something?" You feel his forehead with your hand, but he has no fever. "Are you feeling well?"
DH: "I'm perfectly fine."
"I have no idea what's going on."
CH: "Hey, Y/n!" Chan calls out.
"Yes?" You look behind you where Chan and Byeongkwan are walking next to each other.
CH: "Did we pass Rongo village already?"
"Yes, why?"
CH: "Are we almost at the oracle village?" He whines.
"It's still about one day and a half." Chan pouts, looking down disappointed.
SY: "What was Rongo village again?"
"A village about communication, information, intelligence, hearing. A little bit like telepathy." It's a nice village, you think to yourself.
DH: "It is?"
"What is?"
DH: "The village. Didn't you just say that it's a nice village?"
"I was just thinking of how nice the village is, I didn't say..."
SY: "Wait, let me try something." You both look at him surprised. "So yesterday I tried to make it rain out of the sky, not just above a person..." and it actually worked.
"And? Did it work?" You look at him confused.
DH: "Y/n, didn't you hear? He just said it worked."
SY: "No, I didn't."
DH: "Are you playing with me?"
SY: "Donghun. You can read minds. I only thought of the sentence 'and it actually worked'. I didn't say it."
DH: "What?"
SY: "Try and read someone's mind." Donghun looks around, he spots a pouting Chan. I wish we were there already, I'm tired. Donghun looks at Sehyoon shocked.
SY: "Did it work?"
DH: "Yeah..."
"Wait, this actually makes sense. Sehyoon you're a genius!"
SY: "Since we passed Rongo village, a telepathy village, it would only make sense." Donghun suddenly looks slightly disgusted.
DH: "I'm not sure if I want to know everyone's thoughts."
"You don't have to. Only the people you focus on."
SY: "But wouldn't it make sense that he can hear plants too? From what happened earlier."
DH: "So if I can hear what plants say? Can they hear me?" You lift your shoulders, indicating you don't know. "You said they can move if they want to...could I try and ask them to move?"
"I don't know, try it out." Donghun focuses on a long plant for a while. Suddenly it starts to move a little. Kind of like a snake, but in the air.
SY: "Make it do a heart form." Donghun concentrates and makes the plant bend in that way that it makes a heart.
DH: "Cool! If I can communicate with plants. Can people hear me too?"
"If it works on plants, why wouldn't it on people?" Donghun stays silent for a moment, concentrating with his eyes closed.
J: "Hey! Who said that!" You suddenly hear Jun scream from behind you. Then you notice Donghun giggling.
"I'm guessing that it worked?"
DH: "Yeah," he continues giggling. "I'm going to have so much fun."
Donghun keeps teasing Jun the rest of the day.

"Since you guys look quite tired, I think it's best if you don't train tomorrow. And I'll also let you sleep in a little. That means that we'll arrive at Shae Loya in the evening."
CH: "That's still so long. Tomorrow is the fifth day. You said we were going to be there in 4 or 5 days," Chan whines.
"I know. I'm sorry. It's just that with you guys training we walk slower and you are tired a lot faster."
J: "Atleast we can control our powers a lot better already."
BK: "Yeah, I already feel like a master."
DH: "I only discovered mine today but I'm already a master," Donghun smirks.
CH&BK: "What?!"
J: "You discovered your powers already?!"
CH: "But we're not even close to the next village."
DH: "It's the Rongo village that we passed. I can read minds and also communicate with others through their minds."
BK: "That's creepy."
J: "Wait, does that mean that was you disturbing me all day?!" Donghun tries to hide his smile, but Jun is already up ready to fight.
DH: "No, no! Don't do anything to me!" Donghun runs, Jun behind him.
BK: "Lovebirds," Byeongkwan rolls his eyes.

The next day you head out, still surrounded by the dark forest. All the boys are sparing their strength and not using or training their powers. Except for Donghun. Having discovered his powers just yesterday, he wants to get control of his powers. Making plants and even trees move or bend their roots. He is even able to tickle Jun with a root.

All seems good and calm. Until you start hear a ruckus, as you walk further it gets louder. It doesn't sound like something good is going on. You all come to a stop.
CH: "I'll go have a look."
J: "Be careful." Chan nods, a very serious expression on his face. He makes light beams appear and teleports from one to another, until he disappears out of sight. Everyone is worried and afraid it might be something really bad. Maybe soldiers. Everyone just hopes that Chan is okay. After a minute Chan comes back. He looks almost horrified.
CH: "There were travellers," he is slightly out of breath. "They were attacked by soldiers."
"Are they okay?"
CH: "They were all killed. No one even stood a chance. There were too many soldiers." Those travellers didn't do anything wrong. They didn't deserve this. The tension rises enormously. Everyone is devastated. "They're planning to attack the oracle village." No...this can't be happening. Not now. "I don't think it's safe to go to Shae Loya."
BK: "Can we defeat them?"
CH: "I'm not sure. Compared to those travellers our powers are a lot stronger. But it's still very risky."
DH: "We might stand a chance."
J: "So everyone would be in to try and defeat those soldiers?" All the boys nod.
SY: "We have to try." They all nod again.
J: "Okay, let's go!" Chan, Jun and Byeongkwan go right away. Donghun behind them. You start to run behind them but are stopped. Donghun looks back seeing Sehyoon holding your wrist. Sehyoon turns you around, so you face him.
"What are you doing?"
"You can't come with us."
"Why not?
"It's too dangerous."
"But I can transform. I told you that I'm not easily hurt in my butterfly form."
"I know you said that but it's still too dangerous." You're getting frustrated and worried. You look into the distance where the other boys went. You want to come, you have to catch up with the rest. Slowly your eyes start to tear up, fear starting to take over. He takes hold of your hand. You look down.
"I don't understand..." your voice cracks.
"Please, I care too much about you."
"But-" he places his other hand on your cheek, making you look at him. He softly presses his body to yours, his face very close to yours. Deeply he looks into your eyes, filled with worry and affection. For a moment you just stare into each others eyes. His hand warm hand on your cheek:
"I don't want you to get hurt."
"I don't want to leave you."
He places his lips on yours. Kissing you passionately. For how much he loves you and doesn't want you to get hurt... he has to do this. It starts to rain heavily as he keeps his lips locked with yours, not breaking the deep kiss. Tears start to stream down your cheeks.
》"The only thing that I'm fragile to as a butterfly is rain."
"How come?"
"If my wings get wet, it makes me unable to fly. 《
He slowly pulls away.
Come on, we have to go. Donghun's voice reaches Sehyoon.
"I love you," his voice is deep and low. He let's go of your cheek and hand, as he runs as quickly as he can to catch up with the rest of the members. Leaving you alone in the rain, unable to go after them...