[Chapter 11]

You follow a path that seems like it's there, but no stone to be spotted. The forest is just as dark as before. Not much further Chan spots something.
CH: "Oh! Look what a pretty flower!" He finds a dark blue flower close to the path.
BK: "Hey, Y/n! Isn't that the flower the riddle talked about? What colour did it describe again?"
J: "That takes the appearance of the night!"
BK: "This might be it then!"
CH: "Now that you mention it, the colour really does look like the night."
"Let's hope we find these often enough."
DH: "Yeah, I don't want to get lost. After how far we've gotten."
As you walk, Donghun plays around with the plants. Making roots move and jumping on and off them. He really can do a lot with just telepathy. Every member's powers have developed very well. Everyone can control their power well and have already figured out many tricks.
CH: "Guys, you have to admit... these powers are pretty cool."
DH: "It's true. I didn't think I would admit it, but this world is pretty awesome."
SY: "That's what I call character development."
J: "Ironic for you to say, Sehyoon."
DH: "Despite the fact that it's being attacked and drained by this evil human..."
BK: "And that we have to walk for miles," Byeongkwan fills in.
DH: "Right."

The sun sets and everyone goes to sleep, the rainbow puff watching over you. This time Jun keeps the fire burning all night. As it gets darker in the forest, it also gets colder. Jun turns around, trying to fall asleep, when he sees Donghun cross-armed. It would seem that he's cold.
J: "Psst," he whispers, "are you cold? I can hold you. My powers seem to keep me warm at night."
DH: "No, I'm okay." Donghun turns around, his back towards Jun.
J: "Whatever, I just wanted to help." Jun says to himself.
While they were whispering, someone else was also whispering on the other side of the fire.
"What's wrong?" Sehyoon looks up at you.
SY: "I was just thinking of what Eliya said. It's gotten me more confused than that it's helping."
"Don't think about it too much. She tends to do that."
SY: "All the guys seemed like they understood perfectly."
"Or she tells you something clarifying or something confusing. There's no in between. Don't worry, she told me something confusing too," you chuckle.
SY: "You said nights don't get cold here."
"Yeah, I never went this far. I didn't know it could get so cold."
SY: "Turn around."
"What why?"
SY: "Just... do it." You turn around and hear him shuffle. Until a pair of arms embrace you. As he lies close to you, it starts to get warmer. A very comforting feeling. "Good night," he whispers in your ear. You feel a shiver go down your spine.
"Good night."

***

It's less dark than yesterday and the sun shines quite brightly through the trees. The atmosphere seems more magical than before. The trees getting a more blue hue, the air very humid. There's no mist but the air seems to be filled with droplets of rain. Because of the sunlight, they shine, as if the whole forest is covered with tiny fireflies.
SY: "Y/n?"
"Yes?"
SY: "I was thinking. The clue talks about 'It's name was once known differently'. Could it be about Star village? That Kul Tamar was once known as Star village?"
"That actually makes sense."
SY: "But then the clue says: 'Follow what is most similar.' I have no idea what it could be."
CH: "Maybe we have to follow the stars. Since it's Star village," Chan suddenly joins the conversation.
"Wait, that could actually be it!"
CH: "Oh... I was just joking around."
"Well, it was a good joke," you chuckle. While you're talking, Jun spots another night blue flower.
J: "Look! Another flower!"
DH: "That's a relief. I was getting a little anxious if we were still on the right path."
The sun is slowly fading.
BK: "It's actually really pretty here. I thought it was going to be a lot worse."
"Yeah, I thought so too. By the way, aren't you guys cold at night. It has gotten quite chilly at night."
CH: "I'm perfectly fine."
BK: "Yeah, me too."
"I wonder if it might be because of your powers or just because you two are very energetic," you laugh. At first Donghun wants to mention that he's cold at night, but makes up his mind. Of course once everyone goes to sleep he is still cold and has trouble falling asleep. All of a sudden he hears something shuffle behind him. Is it a monster? He starts to feel a little scared. Until he feels two arms fold around his waist, Jun cuddling close to him. Before Donghun can react somehow, he pops the biggest uwu. It actually feels kind off nice and warm.
Of course you and Sehyoon are spooning tonight again, to keep it warm.

You feeling him close to you, snug and comfy.

***

The air doesn't change much. Soft sparkles and the scenery getting more dark blue. It's slowly getting darker, the forest. Another flower gets spotted, relieving everyone. Instead of it getting scarier, it gets quieter, more serene. Something almost dormant. No birds to be heard. Absolute silence. It's creepy and yet the blue surrounding keeps you calm.

The sun sets but you decide to look a little further for a proper place to sleep. When you suddenly come out on an opening in the forest. A big pond in the middle, with a little further trees again. The moon is almost full. It illuminates the surrounding, making you able to still see quite well in the dark. The humid droplets in the air, softly shining because of the moonlight. The dark blue setting. It would seem like out of a fairy tale.
"Since it's too cold to sleep in an open place, let's go past the lake and sleep in the forest up ahead." Everyone agrees. You go past the pond to it's left, entering the forest again. It goes a little up hill. Right at the edge of the opening you settle and Jun makes a fire.
"So, good news guys! Or maybe good and bad news.." The guys look at you confused. "You can wash yourselves in the lake!"
DH: "Finally! I swear you guys smell terrible not washing for a few days."
J: "You don't smell much better, Donghun."
DH: "Well, I won't deny that." Byeongkwan and Chan share a look.
CH: "No way... could it be?" Everyone looks at Chan and Byeongkwan.
BK: "Could Donghun have a created a soft spot for Jun?" A smirk appears on his face.
DH: "You little-" The two youngest quickly run off.
DH: "Wha- Where did they go?"
"Probably to the pond," you giggle.
J: "Well, I guess we can start with diner then. Could you give me a hand, Sehyoon?"
SY: "Sure." They start with diner when Sehyoon suddenly gets reminded of something. "By the way, Y/n. What was the bad news?"
"Oh. It's nothing important."

The two boys come back, smiling brightly. Laughing loudly. Their hair wet. They clearly had fun.
CH: "Guys, the pond is quite cold so look out."

SY: "It's okay. You can go. Byeongkwan will help me with the rest." Jun nods and goes to the pond with Donghun. While cooking you hear a sudden screech from afar.
DH: "JESUS THAT'S COLD!" Everyone laughs.
When they come back, Donghun is blushing brightly. Even in the dark you can see how red he is. Embarrassment covering his face, his arms crossed in irritation. Jun having trouble not bursting out laughing.
BK: "What.. What happened back there?"
Donghun keeps his mouth shut in embarrassment and annoyance.
J: "I made him a bubble bath," Jun giggles.
DH: "It's not funny!" Now all the rest has trouble hiding their smiles too.
BK: "Anyways, diner's ready."
Occupied with their food, you go to pond yourself. When Sehyoon is finished he jumps up. Ready to go the pond.
CH: "Uhmm... Sehyoon where are you going?"
SY: "The pond," he says as if it's the most normal thing.
CH: "But-" Byeongkwan quickly covers his mouth.

Sehyoon goes to the pond, slowly stopping in his footsteps once he's close to the pond. Only your head is peeping out of the water, but still. His face flushed, he turns around as quickly as possible, ready to leave.
"Wait, it's okay. I'm almost done. Just... don't turn around."
"Eung." His heartbeat has never been this fast, his cheeks never so bright. He tries to calm himself. You come out of the water.
"Uhmm.. could you?"
"What? Oh, yes." He makes the water leave your body, without turning around.
"You've gotten really good with your powers."
"Eung."
"It's all clear now, you can turn around." When he turns around his eyes widen. Because of the moonlight, your wings seem like they're shining. "I know," you blush softly, looking down.
"You look beautiful," he says almost as if in a trance. You look up at him, surprised. Quite a straightforward compliment. You walk up to him and come stand right in front of him.
"Thanks... you can go to the pond now."
"Oh, right."
Eye contact.
You're both kind of in a trance, not letting go of each other's eyes.
His eyes wander off, slightly downwards. Slowly, he lifts his hands and brings it to your cheek. His thumb very softly brushing over your cheek. He comes closer. Not wavering, he tilts his head.
A sweet impassioned kiss. Gentle, yet daring. Straightforward. As if all doubt disappeared. He's... confident. It burns you up.
He suddenly let's go, but not too far. His forehead against yours. He smiles. It makes you smile too.
Mutual feelings.
You kiss again, your arms around each other. An embrace abundant of love. As your wings reflect the moonlight.

Secretly, a few eyes are spying on you two.