Chapter Four

Sage's Pov :

Kayli picked me up after I finished registering for all of my classes. Even though she and Will was not Family by blood they were still my family when my own weren't there and when it counted.

The car ride to the house was quiet with soft classical music playing on the radio. I knew Kayli would ask me about my day and how my night was in a new house, because Kayli knew me very well.

We finally reached the house, there were no cars in the driveway meaning no one was home and I could spend some quality time with Kayli, it had been a very long time since we had spent the day alone. The boys and the Anderson team is very protective of me and her and she couldn't come visit me when I lived with Lilly and her men, it could lead them straight to me.

I climbed out of her car, taking my backpack with me and unlocked our door for us to enter.

The house was quiet, it was making me a little nervous because someone was always home and many sounds could be heared through out our home, But it seems not today.

I went up to my bedroom and put down my bag neatly in its place. I looked around to see if any thing was out of place, My OCD kicking in, nothing looked out of place or in the wrong direction and I let out a heavy sigh. Everything was clean and my bedspread was nice and even over my bed, my pillows placed neat and even on the bed, just the way I liked them.

I went down to our lounge where I knew Kayli would be waiting for me. She was sitting down on one of our black couches, hands folded on her lap.

" Do you want a piece of cake and some tea?" I asked her quietly and softly.

Her face brightened up at that and she immediately stood up to join me in the kitchen. The kitchen was warm and cosy, it still smelled like the strawberry and chocolate from the cake that I had baked that morning.

I sliced the cake into even pieces and then put one piece onto a plate for Kayli and put away the rest of the cake for the guys and their friends. Then I got out cups, Kayli liked tea and I made myself some coffee, I'm sure Marc wouldn't mind even if his coffee was nicer than my own.

"Sage, you look tired and how was your registration?"Kayli asked me concerned.

" It went well," I smiled trying to hide my grimace as I remembered Mr McCoy and how Dr Green had to safe me from that creepy man.

" Your not lying to me are you, love?" Kayli asked me, looking me over for any lies or signs that I was lying to her, but she found none.

I shook my head in a positive answer as I didn't want to talk and my throat was starting to hurt again from the damage my 'mother' had inflicted on me, when I still lived with them.

Kayli probably saw that, because she didn't push me further for an answer and rather left it at that. I knew she just wanted the best for me but I didn't want her to worry about me.

After I gave her the tea and cake, we went back to the lounge and sat down on one of the long black couches. She quickly finished her cake and sat down the plate onto the table that was in the middle of the lounge room.

My head was resting on Kayli's shoulder while she was sitting on the end of the couch with her tea, taking a sip every now and again.  

Kayli did most of the talking because my throat was sore, she didn't mind to do all of the talking, her voice was soft and calming, it was soothing to me. She, Lilly and Mrs Rose was the only females I could stand near me or to be touching me, other wise I would get panic attacks.

I must have fallen asleep while listening to Kayli talk, I only closed my eyes for a few seconds but apparently it was for a few hours. 

*****

Kayli sat quietly on the couch with Sage fast asleep on her shoulder, she could see that she had a rough night. Kayli took out her phone from her jacket pocket and put it on silent so it wouldn't bother nor wake her up the other girl, she needed her sleep after all.

Kayli had a few messages from her boyfriends and quickly answered them and then told them about Sage and how Sage's day went.

It was an hour or two later when Brandon came home, followed by Axel and then Corey and Raven arrived, Raven must have been in a bad mood because he slammed the door open and only calmed down when he saw Sage. But it was already too late for the noise waked up Sage.

Sage sprang up quickly her eyes filled with fear and panic, she was shaking like a leave, her breathing was rough and she was looking around as if someone would hurt her and tears welled up into her pretty green eyes. In her panic she couldn't recognize who they were and where she was.

Nothing said or done could calm her down, Kayli's voice soothing and calm but it didn't work on her sister this time.

The Toma team felt useless, they couldn't help the person they all loved and cared for. Anger began settling deep in them, not anger at themselves but of Sage's family - the family that had hurt and shunned her.

Suddenly Dr Green stood in front of them, quickly ordering the Toma team away from Sage. They did as the young Doctor told them to do, he knew what he was doing after all.

" Hey, pumpkin, take a deep breath in and out. Follow my breathing. " Sean's voice was calming and soothing. He was slowly breathing in and out for Sage, so that he could follow his breathing.

After a while of soothing and breathing together Sage calmed down. Raven was guilty while the rest of the people was trying to calm their own breathing and their anger.

"What happened here?" A very stern voice asked them almost coldly.

Everyone was surprised, they hadn't even noticed that someone else was there in their home and nobody could miss this presence, he was stern and very strict, a strong presence nobody could miss, but apparently they did. 

*****
Edited on: 06 / 11 / 2020