Chapter Seven

Sage's POV:

Sage was tired her day had been busy and she hadn't really seen Dr Roberts around this past days two days, her weekend was done and so was her shifts. The last shift on Sunday had ended in the wee hours of Monday morning and nobody told her to leave because Dr Roberts was very busy and no one else really knew her or him well because he was new and her guys was asleep or away on a mission.

She didn't want to think about it, but Dr Sean and his team had been watching her the whole day, why they were doing that she wouldn't know, maybe they suspected that she was not really a boy but a girl?

But how did they find out, Dr Roberts would not tell them and neither would the Toma team and she was really careful around them, did she maybe slip up and they saw or heared something..... If they did she would be in so much trouble and how would she explain this to everyone?

Sage would rather not think about it right now and ask them a bit later why they were keeping an eye on her?

School was busy, she was soo tired and she went the school day in a daze - she would not know what she had learned that day.

The afternoon afterwards school she came home did her homework for the day, cleaned up and then straightened her whole room before she went to the kitchen to bake or cook something to keep her mind off of her day and why it seems like Dr Roberts was avoiding her the last few days - she couldn't really think straight as she was tired.

First she made her famous Cowboy stew and then she decided she would make a fruit salad and some cake.

But which sort of cake should she make?

She could make any type of cake her guys would love anything she made. So she made a traditional Babka cake because she knew Raven missed his home and this was a traditional dessert in his homeland.

*****
Third Person's View:

The afternoon quickly went by and  the Toma team began arriving home, in one's and two's.

Axel and Brandon came in first, they walked by the kitchen, they looked in to see Sage busy in the kitchen and decided to leave her there, she looked if something was bothering her but they knew she would come to them if something was wrong or so they hoped.

The next person to arrive was Marc. He went into the kitchen to make some of his famous coffee for he knew his brothers would need it after the rough and busy day all of them had and it looked like Sage also needed some coffee, she didn't even notice him coming in and she always noticed everything.

Corey and Raven arrived last, they could see something was bothering Sage but like the rest of the guys knew not to bother her, she would come to them.

*****
Sage's POV:

She finally noticed that all of the Toma team have arrived home and wondered when they had come home?

She usually noticed or heared them coming in and today she didn't even notice them. Was she so out of it or was she slacking off? Did she need more training?

The boys came to great her as she put the dishes on the table, so that they could eat. They sat around the table, she sat between Axel and Marc today, each evening they would eat together as a family and she would sit between two of the boys.

" This is a lovely meal, Sang." Axel said.

" Hmm, I know Raven missed his homeland. " Sang remarked not quite following the conversation.

" Is something wrong, little bean? " Marc asked a little worried, Sang always listened if they spoke as a family.

She mumbled a hmmm and pushed her food around her plate. That worried the boys more - she was skinny and needed to eat as her previous family had starved her and just started getting her weight back up.

Everyone noticed that Sang was far away and not with them at the table, they decided to not further ask questions.

The diner went by quickly, the boys cleaned up like they always did. With a quiet goodnight Sang went to bed without giving one of the boys a hug or waiting for them to finish like she usually would.

The boys was getting even more worried than they were this afternoon, they went to bed but none of the boys could sleep, they were too worried.

*****
Edited on : 06 / 11 / 2020