Chapter Five

Third Person's View :

Everyone in the room turned around to see Mr. Blackbourne stood behind them, his stern Sterling silver eyes focused on Sage. The boy was very pale and was still shaking a little bit, nobody but Sean could see the worry in his his eyes - as he knew him the best and longest time.

Sage looked up at all the people in the room, why was Dr Green and Mr Blackbourne here? Or were they here the whole time and she just had not noticed them? She groggily got up from her crouched position and stood up.

" Would any of you like some cake with tea or coffee?" Sage asked while walking into their kitchen, they had guests now and she wouldn't ever be a bad host, it was beaten into her, after all.

Nobody had the heart to tell him that he should in fact not be standing up or be making coffee or tea but kept quiet and answered him. Even Kayli took some more tea and cake.

They were sure he would break if they told him he couldn't get up to attend to his guests. This was a copping habit, a bad one at that - Sean knew this as he was a doctor, but he also knew it was better to just let the boy keep himself busy so that he could forget his panic attack.

Sage made some tea for Dr Green and Kayli and then made coffee for the rest of them. Then Sage got out the plates and shared the cake evenly between the plates.

Sage put everything on a tray and walked to the lounge. First she put a plate with cake in front of them all, then she put the tea in front of Kayli and Dr Green, before she put down the coffee in front of the rest.

Mr Blackbourne then watched as the boy sat down beside Kayli with his own coffee. He moved gracefull and smooth as if he had a lot of practice with hosting or serving. He could only guess where the boy could have learned to be this good at serving and hosting.

He also watched the expressions of the Toma Team as they thanked the boy. How is it that the boy came to be here with the Toma Team?, he wondered. They had never mentioned him or that they were taking in a new member, was it a special mission that nobody was supposed to know about?

Dr Green looked at Sage in his doctor mode, the boy was still pale but he wasn't shaking any more, it seems making tea and coffee had calmed his frayed nerves. He also watched how comfortable the boy was with the Toma Team, as if he had been with them for a while or known them a long time.

Once again there was a knock on the door but this time it was calm and everyone could hear it. Sage stood up and went to open the door.

There stood Kevin and Blake, they had just come home from their work. Blake was a Scientist and Kevin was a Detective. They had long shifts and was tired. Sage invited them in and offered them coffee which they accepted gladly, she made the best coffee after Marc.

*****

Sage's Pov :

I quickly made coffee for Blake and Kevin, with the coffee I served them each a piece of cake as well, there was just only a few pieces left. I quickly went to the lounge and gave them the coffee and cake, before I took a seat next to Mr Blackbourne.

I was tired, with almost no sleep the previous night and the panic attack, I had just suffered, it had worn me out more. Even though I was tired, I still wanted to stand up and put everything into place, my OCD was kicking in and I just have to straiten up everything that was out of place, my fingers was twitching to straiten up everything.