Chapter Six

Sage's POV :

I woke up tired for I didn't sleep much the previous night, because of the flashback I had. I had slept until after 12 o'clock and then woke up.

I didn't want to bother one of the guys, so I stayed up drawing us all in my sketch book, because I had OCD it took me longer too draw because everything had to be perfect.

After drawing I fell asleep, because I had a little sleep but my night was filled with night terrors - it really felt like I had no sleep, did it count when I had night Terrors?

Just to be woken up 3 hours later with a violent Night Terror, so I decided to read for a while, until everyone was awake. I didn't want to bother the guys because they all had work as well as the Academy jobs they had to do, I knew they wanted me to wake them and join them if I couldn't sleep but I just couldn't do that to them.

During the week I went to school and on  Friday to Sunday I worked at the Academy Hospital with Doctor Roberts, he was like a father to me, but it was not like I knew because my own father never cared or loved me.

It wasn't always like this, when I lived with the Anderson team I had usual shifts, because I wasn't in school as I had finished school and my Doctor degree as well.

I quickly put on nice black jeans and a white and black T-shirt. I left silently, without breakfast because the smell would wake up the guys and they needed their sleep and I didn't want to be a burden to them, maybe they would see what a broken mess I am and would leave me.

I reached the hospital putting on my white doctor's coat, signing into my shift and beginning my rounds with a little yawn.

*****

Dr Roberts POV:

I wonder if Sage had gotten enough sleep, she was pale and had dark circles under her green eyes? But I knew not to send her home because it wouldn't really help, she would not sleep and only clean their house or find something else to keep herself busy with.

Speaking to Axel wouldn't help as Sage would see that as betrayal and wouldn't speak to me for weeks or even months at a time, I could not let that happen.

Maybe I should mention it to Sean? I am sure he could help Sage, but would Sage except the help? She only got used to the Toma team, because Lily was there to help her.

The only way to find out would be to ask or hint it to him when I see him next time, his next shift was tonight. Then I would ask or hint to him if he or his team could try helping or speaking to Sage.

*****

The day was quite long but Sean's shift finally began, with a sigh I went looking for Sean. I was tired, I had a long, tiring day, it felt like everything went wrong.

A few doctors and nurses didn't show up to work, I had to call in people that was off and could do double shifts and Sage was one of them, she was staying on for a few extra hours. That girl was too sweet for her own good!

Then things got worse, 2 full teams of dogs working on the same case together, it was a really important case was ambushed and heavily injured.

The Academy thinks there is a Moll in The Academy. Not only was the information wrong, the enemy was waiting for the Teams, it was almost as if they knew the 2 teams would be there, how many there was and what their plan was.

The injured men's case was handed to Sang, she was working on it alone because she could handle it.

I finally found Sean doing his rounds, I quickly and quietly talked to him.

His surprised look faded away, it turned into sadness for Sang.

" Doctor Roberts, I will talk to my team about this and come back to you about this matter, but I am sure we would be able to help her."

I thanked him and left to go home. I was glad this day had come to an end for me.

I could only hope for the best and that the Blackbourne Family could help Sang, even if it was only a little bit.

*****
Edited on : 06 / 11 / 2020