Scene 1 - London International Airport

#(Century 21 Sting)

London International Airport, January 1970. WHOOSH! An incoming air-jet lands elegantly down onto the runway, taxing back towards the end of the strip. Only several hundred yards away, watching high above the lands, stands the watchtower. Its aerial spins controllably around at the top of its roof. Some tower block used for safety, nothing strange to the late 20th century. However, it's a good mile or so away from the airport, sets of over-growing bushes lie behind thick, spikey fences, reaching almost as high as the trees themselves. A man stands there, watching and viewing the situation of the airport. There is some sort of cold, dark feeling to this man, maybe his black clothes suggest his dirty work. Spencer is his name, holds in both hands a control box. Coloured in dim, grey silver, sets of buttons are included to control whatever he is controlling, like the controls of a toy. He presses a button, and the control box makes an object rise. The drone rises. The black colouring of the drone makes it blend in quietly with the sky. Rising high enough to fly above the fence, it sets out on its mission.

Inside the traffic control tower, Controller Davidson admires the vast, decorated landscape of the airport. The multiple panels circling around the perimeter of the glass dome don't block his fantastic view. But those control panels are irrelevant, with maybe a few odd buttons and levers that don't need to be pressed. Controller Evans, concentrating on his own panel, sits monitoring the flights and incoming/outcoming aircraft taking off or landing from the skies. Radio communications are played through by a microphone to the right of the panel. Other buttons, screens and levers are scattered and dotted around the board of the desk, showing the aircraft flights and the numerous planes.

Evans:

Flight 12VT making final descent now Controller.

Davidson:

Good. They'll just be in time for lunch.

Evans:

(On the radio) Traffic control to 12VT, you are about to make your final descent on Runway 2, and you are clear to proceed.

The female 12VT pilot replies happily, seeming that everything is going to plan.

12VT Pilot:

Roger Control.

The 12VT plane circles around the airport before preparing to make the final descent, in the meanwhile for the drone. The buzzing object flies speedily in the air, keeping out of sight of anyone, for now. It stops, dead centre of the runway. Lieutenant Davidson once again admires the vast land around him, scanning the extensive airport with his arms held behind his back. He observes something black sat in the middle of the sky. Something he can't quite make out. Something intriguing him.

Davidson:

Evans? Alert the airport, there is something hovering over the runway.

Evans:

Controller?

Davidson:

Quickly man! It might be a bomb!

Evans tightly holds his radio to alert the entire airport.

Evans:

Tower control to all ground stations, keep clear of the runway. I repeat, keep clear of the runway. There is a likelihood that a suspicious device is in the complex.

Davidson:

Alert the incoming jet.

Evans:

Tower control to 12VT, Melanie abort the landing. There is something in the air which we cannot identify.

The pilot, unnerved yet keeping her head simultaneously, replies.

12VT Pilot:

Where? I can't see it.

Davidson rushes around the side of the console and takes the radio. The blue and white decorated air jet begins to make their descent with the wheels ready to glide down gracefully on the relatively smooth tarmac of the runway.

Davidson:

Melanie, it's a bomb! It's a bomb!

12VT Pilot:

But I still can't see it.

Davidson:

12VT, overshoot, OVERSHOOT!

The plane's axis rises its nose back into the air in time, narrowly missing the hovering drone by perhaps inches. As its engines whoosh past the tiny object, the button is pressed by Spencer as a device suddenly plummets to the ground. BOOM! The entire runway is engulfed by an enormous explosion of fire, obliterating anything around the runway by a considerable amount as the fireworks take off. KAPOW!

(Opening titles)