Scene 3 - The Second Attack

We have returned to the airport; the control tower still stands after the terrible explosion. The runway, however, not so fortunate. Either the track and neighboured grass has been burnt up by the inferno or has been left with a huge pit, with itself dug in the middle of the runway. Davidson and Evans resume their duties in the control tower.

Evans:

So, I guess we just wait for the next attack then Controller?

Davidson:

Hmm? Next attack Evans?

Evans:

Well, it's very obvious that now they have failed they will try again.

Davidson:

Obviously.

Evans:

Controller, now I don't want you to take this personally, but you seem to have been very secretive and nervous lately.

Davidson:

Oh, have I? Well, I suppose that it must be because of the recent attacks I suppose, now there is a lot of pressure on our shoulders.

Evans:

But what is really going on Controller?

Davidson:

Alright, I'll tell you. But you can't tell this to another living soul. It is likely that there is a second attack in operation, that's why British Intelligence has been called in to uncover the terrorists.

Evans:

How will they do that?

Davidson:

I imagine that they will pursue the drone back to its HQ, the last one hid away.

Evans:

Are they here now, Davidson?

Davidson:

Yes, they are. Wonderful chaps. I expect now that they are all prepared and ready to hunt down the terrorists.

Captain Scarlet, I mean Agent Blake, hides undercover in between the bushes behind the fence of the airport. In what looks like some sort of position where Spencer was hiding, only a different area though. Carefully protected under the use of the verdant bushes and trees. Beside him is his pair of binoculars, a small, portable radio, a shotgun with a tracer as the bullet, and finally the tracer. This special object, another small portable device with a map radius of 50 miles as a scanner, sits next to the gun. Now the plan has been set up. Blake contacts another agent hiding around the grounds.

Blake:

Agent Blake to Robinson, everything set up your side?

Robinson:

Loud and clear Blake, everything is ready. I would expect that their attack would come when the next plane is due to land.

Blake:

When is the next flight to land in London?

Robinson:

Within minutes.

The tower control room is also prepared, everything will as smoothly as normal. It keeps everyone calm.

Evans:

12VT from Tower Control, you are clear to land on Runway 2.

12VT Pilot:

Roger Control.

Evans:

And remember 12VT, anything suspicious and you will take her back up.

12VT Pilot:

Don't worry about us Control, we'll manage.

Hiding in exactly the same place as before behind the fence of the airport, Spencer repeats his mission. Using a radio-controlled gadget, his drone flies over the fence once more, but this time hovers in the canopy of the trees and away from anyone's sight. With the incoming 12VT jet preparing to land, the drone begins to rise even further up to the tree, near the emerging layer. As the jet smoothly touches the runway of the airport, it decreases speed gradually before freezing to stop. Now, the drone can carry out its deadly task. It zooms out from the trees heading straight out and on course for the aircraft! Blake is quick to react. He calls the radio of the Tower Control.

Blake:

Tower Control look out! It's a drone!

Davidson:

Evans alert the jet, quick!

Blake instantly grabs the shotgun and points it outwards, into the airport. Aiming just ahead of where the drone will cross the range of the shotgun, he waits for a second or two. Once dead on target, BOOM! The drone is hit! It appears to be slightly damaged. The hit knocks the drone carrying its bomb off and plummets to the runway. KAPOW! Another explosion sends the runway into flames. Fortunately, the jet is far away enough not to be caught in the catastrophic blast. With immense speed, despite its injury, the drone speeds back to where it originated from within the forest of trees.

Blake:

Blake to Tower Control.

Davidson:

Blake, was that you?

Blake:

It was, I know, it could have been the jet and you with it.

Davidson:

We owe you our thanks for...

Blake:

Not time for that now, I must follow where the terrorist is making out for. Out.

The radio ceases. The tracer picks up a reading, in fact from where it shows Blake, it is exactly ninety degrees to his right. Picking up the numerous pieces of equipment with him, he sets off to catch the criminal.