Scene 7 - Minimisation

We have just returned to the house of Father Unwin once more, this time back in the lounge. However, both Matthew and Emma stand next to each other by the library case, in exactly the same place where the normal process of the shrink ray will take place.

Matthew:

Now, don't worry Emma. It's not going to hurt.

Emma:

(Sarcastically) And then we are squashed by a giant foot.

They both smile at each other.

Unwin:

Get ready.

The shrink ray, cleverly disguised as a book, is opened and Unwin presses the first three buttons of the device. Following with the next three buttons, the ray itself points directly at all three of them. Unwin has rushed around to join the other two. All three shrink gradually down to the size of maybe half a foot by the time the machine has finished the process. Emerging out of the drive is Gabriel once more, however, it could be confused as a toy. Gabriel herself has also been reduced in size greatly as the miniature car wheels out of the drive and heading out towards Oxfordshire. Unwin sits in the front driving his Model T with the necessary equipment sat on the seat next to him. Matt and Emma sit in the back and chat.

Unwin:

I estimate it will take us to nightfall to reach the destination.

Emma:

So why didn't why shrink down in size when we are there?

Matthew:

I imagine it will blow our security, and anyway, we will perform better at night to penetrate through into their base.

Unwin:

Quite Matthew. The BISHOP wanted me to brief the layout of the operation once we have arrived at Oxfordshire. Matthew, why aren't you sat in the front?

Matthew:

Oh, I would prefer to get to know Emma in the back here.

Emma:

I would as well.

Unwin:

Ah, I see. Enjoy yourselves in the back there, it will be a long journey.

The car is left to drive off into the large road, before the picture fades out into blackness...