Scene 5 - Arrival

It is late. We are now well into the night. In the middle of some forest somewhere in no-place in Oxfordshire, we can just take a glimpse at some car lights. The towering trees have blocked the sight of any light it is so dark, but those lights have turned, and the car wheels carefully down the blackness into the forest of the night. Barch and Spencer must be heading for their hideout. The car grinds to a halt.

Spencer:

Hey, I've had a funny feeling that we have been followed for some time.

Barch:

Shut up Spencer, we're here now.

He grabs out a torchlight and flickers the object on and off into the nothingness, probably to a camera or something. Then, peculiarly, something big but deep below unlocks. The car, parked in the middle of a dense area covered by trees and a small tyre track leading out, is lowered. Some kind of lift mechanism brings the car down on a disguised platform, deep down into the earth. Once lowered enough, a door slides over to cover over the endless pit leading down to somewhere. It is covered exactly the same colour as the verdant floor, only in black for the night. Seconds later, Blake's car arrives. The blinding lights turn into exactly the same corner as the other saloon did. He halts. Only, he does it much earlier. Blake picks up the tracer that has led him all this way, it reads in exactly the same place, just in front though. However, it shows that the car has lowered its level and is now underground. The BISHOP Agent finally concludes the evidence seen before his eyes and with his radio, contacts the organisation.

Blake:

Agent Blake to British Intelligence.

BISHOP:

Come in Agent Blake.

Blake:

I have pursued the car to their hideout. It appears to be an underground base sir.

BISHOP:

Where is your current location?

Blake:

Ragnall's Lane, Horton-cum-Studley, Oxfordshire, about 9 miles out of Oxford. In fact, I am in some forest about a mile out of the village for what it seems. The tracer says that their base is hidden underground.

BISHOP:

Agent Blake, now listen. After an exhausting job you have performed, I want you to head back to British Intelligence headquarters and return the tracer to me.

Blake:

But sir, what about the terrorists?

BISHOP:

No fuss Blake, return to HQ at once.

Blake:

But...

BISHOP:

At once.

Blake is more than disappointed, to say mildly.

Blake:

Very good BISHOP.

He turns off his radio.

Why do I always get the wrong end of the stick? I always end up in life-threatening situations for a spot of bad luck. But when I try my best I'm left out of the fun adventure. The least I could do is find some other sort of entrance. That might take a while though.