Scene 9 - Launching the swarm

The control room to behind the entire operation. Deep, deep underground is where this hidden place lies. It's some other massive control room with dozens of buttons and levers to activate from, the same kind of panels and activations seen elsewhere in the series. Security video cameras are scattered around the room to alert the watchers of any spies. One panel is interesting and relevant though, it contains some multi-coloured buttons along with some huge red lever that it is activated off for now. Highly advanced technology for the seventies, too advanced. But for now, we have their controllers to answer for – their chief Bresch. Tall, thin, ugly, he is the mastermind for the operation.

Bresch:

Get the boys together, Barch.

Barch:

Right, sir.

He heads towards one of the panels and activates a radio, which signals out to the rest of the base.

The boss wants all of you. So get yourselves up here, at once.

Bresch:

Now, it will be ready to start our operation.

Barch:

About time to sir, we have already had two failed experiments from incompetence and interference.

Bresch:

But this time, nothing will stop us. Nothing and no one can.

Barch:

And where did the others do with the Professor?

Bresch:

You can add that to your tally of experiments Barch. We have now three experiments. The Professor so kindly, but unwillingly, gave his life for a drone to use its destructive force on him.

Barch:

Good. He deserved it.

The sliding door opens with a sound effect as the other terrorists are revealed and make their way into the control centre. All stand around in a semi-circle and await their orders from their boss as he begins to announce his plans.

Bresch:

I'm glad that you are all now here. Pay close attention in what I am about to relay to every last one of you. Now that our experimentations have been complete...

Barch:

You mean one out of three thanks to Spencer.

Spencer:

That wasn't my fault, we were expected those times. What have I told you idiot? I am not going to be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered by anyone anymore!

Barch:

Wait a minute, I understood that referen-

SMACK! Bresch viciously strikes at Barch. Injured, he rubs his face.

Bresch:

You will not interrupt me again.

Barch:

YES sir. Sorry sir.

Bresch:

I hope you are! As I was saying, we are now finally ready to launch our drones out to the world. The generator is now ready to program and launch them.

Walter puts his hand up.

Yes?

Walter:

Well, don't mind me sir, but exactly how many drones do we have stationed and ready to launch?

Bresch:

If you were paying attention earlier, then we have a dozen or so ready to launch out to the world. They will first fly to Oxford, then to the major cities of Britain, then the world.

Walter:

And nothing will be able to stop them.

Bresch:

Precisely. The generator is indestructible. As you say Walter, nothing will be able to stop us...