Scene 8 - Here we go

We have returned to the hideout of the terrorists last seen in Scene 5. Perhaps early evening time with some light still around, but is mostly dominated by the darkness of night. The miniature car, Gabriel and BISHOP agents, arrive eventually at the exact location given by Agent Blake. The car halts its motor. They have now arrived.

Matthew:

This is it, Father?

Emma:

Well where are they?

Unwin:

They are currently below ground Ms. Chater, that is what the reading described on Blake's tracer.

Matthew:

Well let's get down there Father, only we have no tools to break through with to penetrate into the ground.

Unwin:

Before we proceed any further, let me contact the BISHOP of any other entrance to the hideout.

Emma:

And eccentric lot BISHOP.

Matthew:

To maintain security cover. You should hear his Unwinese.

Emma cracks up.

Unwin:

Father Unwin to the BISHOP, we have arrived at the exact location Blake specified.

BISHOP:

Good Father, I believe that you are now going to ask the entrance Blake found into the complex.

Unwin:

Indeed BISHOP.

BISHOP:

The main entrance is on a platform only slightly ahead of where your current position.

Matthew:

Well we can't just knock on the front door in this instance.

BISHOP:

A secret entrance Blake discovered was via a drain in the ground along the same road. He found that it led to a secret tunnel.

Matthew:

Supposing that they use it for a second entrance and not for secrecy?

BISHOP:

That is the only other entrance we know of Matthew.

Emma:

We must take that chance, if there is any way of getting through it must be that.

Unwin:

I agree Ms. Chater. Where exactly is this drain, it is so dark that we can hardly see.

BISHOP:

If you reverse only a few yards you will be able to see the entrance.

Unwin:

Thank you BISHOP, over and out.

Matthew:

A few yards is to us quadrupole.

Gabriel is reversed until she arrives exactly by the specified drain before she stops to another halt. The car is out of distance for now from other larger road users.

Emma:

This is it. If we use the laser cutter to break through it should be ok. With the steps and by taking it slowly we won't have anything to worry about.

Unwin:

Exactly, here we go.

The picture fades over to find themselves inside the deep, eerie drain. Bearing in mind that they are now tiny compared to the size of an average person. All three have reached towards the bottom of the filthy ladder, with the drain itself cut open to allow in their access. Unwin waits at the bottom as Matthew and Emma carefully make their way down each step, hanging onto the top step and dangling their legs to reach the step below.

Hurry Matthew!

Matthew:

I'm going as fast as I can, Father.

Emma:

You know, when I joined British Intelligence, I didn't expect to be reduced to the size of a few inches, travel around in a toy-sized car and be climbing down a drain in this size.

Unwin:

You must always be prepared for the unexpected my dear.

Both Matthew and Emma have touched down from the ladder.

Matthew:

So now, we need to explore the complex as best we can.

Unwin:

Anywhere particular we need to start?

Emma:

I know the way.

Unwin:

Do you Ms. Chater?

Emma:

My sensory skills are far stronger than yours or Matthew's, Father. We need to head this way and through the ventilation to reach where we need to go.

Unwin:

And where do we need to go?

Emma:

Trust me, I know the way.

Matthew:

Very well then, you lead the way.

Emma smiles.

Emma:

Thanks. My sensory skills are in fact particularly acute.

They proceed further into the tunnel.