Chapter Thirty-Three

"What do you mean something is wrong with my Harry?"

"Okay, this is going to sound weird, but hear me out," Harry breathes in, and then out. "You're bonded to Harry Potter."

Draco stares at him for a spare moment. "Oh. So you came from the loony bin."

"What," Harry says, making a face. "No, listen to me."

"I think I have heard enough," Draco turns, about to stick his head back into the fire to call McGonagall when Harry speaks again.

"You have a mixed bloodline!"

The blond freezes in place.

What in Salazar's name. Deny it.

"I do not know what you are talking about," Draco says through gritted teeth.

"Yes, you do," he hears Harry take a step closer. "You know exactly what I'm talking about."

He hears another step and Draco's blood boils. He whips around and flashes his wand, pointing it unwaveringly at Harry. "Who sent you? Who are you?"

Harry lifts his hands in defense. "My name is Harry Potter. I'm your mate from another lifetime."

"Bollocks. You have five minutes to explain yourself."

The Gryffindor sighs in frustration. "You have a mix of three bloodlines. You have Malfoy blood. But you also have your mother's Veela gene and your great-grandfather's Fenomus gene. At the beginning of the semester, you felt something pulling at you to find Harry. That was your Veela line pulling you to find a compatible mate. When you found Harry, you were scared enough to release wild magic, which began the bonding process. When Harry came out of the Room of Requirement he was hospitalized for a day before he called on you to complete the bonding ritual.

"After that, you memory was wiped so the process of your mating can continue naturally. That was until yesterday, when Harry's core started deteriorating at a faster-than-average rate. Your mate is dying, and if we don't figure out why, you will die, too."

Draco's hand starts shaking. "Is that why I could not recall yesterday's events?"

"Yes," Harry says quickly. "Draco, please. Your mate is dying."

"Should I not be able to feel if something is wrong if he is dying? If we are bonded, I should be able to tell if he is hurt."

"Something went wrong," Harry shakes his head. "The day you finished the ritual. You did it all by yourself, without any help and I think it took a toll on him."

"You..." Draco tilts his head and notices that Harry definitely looks older. There's stubble scattered across his face and there's lines of exhaustion on his forehead. "You are a guide."

"Yes," Harry cheers. "Yes, yes, I'm your guide."

"Where is Harry's?"

"Keeping him stable for the time being. But we need to hurry."

Draco walks forward, as soon as he's in reach, Harry takes his arm and pulls him down the tower. "Should you be able to touch me?"

"Normally, I'm in Harry's body when you need me. But since he's in danger I had to travel in mine."

"I have so many questions," Draco says breathlessly.

"I know. I've already answered them. You just don't remember."

They make it to the Infirmary quickly, and Draco runs to Harry's bedside. He looks pale, his lips are dry and his eyes are fluttering.

The blond snaps his fingers in front of Harry's face, and then he lays his hand flat on Harry's cheek, tapping it softly. "Potter?"