Chapter Thirty-Nine

Harry doesn't take long at all, and he comes up with a silver platter with two plates on top, the glasses and pitcher floating in behind him. "You can do wandless magic?"

"Yeah. Simple, really, something I picked up last year."

No, not really, Draco wants to say. Because wandless magic is almost impossible to conquer, but should he really be surprised? This is Harry Potter.

Draco takes his plate and mumbles his gratitude, and when he lifts the cover his stomach gurgles. There's a piece of grilled chicken over a small pile of thinly sliced vegetables. And it smells divine.

He doesn't even wait for Harry to sit down, he sticks his fork right into it, puts some in his mouth, and groans.

"Good?"

He passes what he has in his throat and looks to Harry to find him smiling widely at him, the silver platter in front of him on the duvet. "Yes, thank you."

"You're welcome."

The Slytherin spoons a little more into his mouth and chews it before turning back to Harry. "Will you eat?"

"Not yet. I'll wait until you're finished."

Draco nods and goes back to his plate, and Harry adjusts himself over the bed, picking up the book poking out of Draco's bag. He reads the title.

"Is this the book you used to find the place I was stuck in?"

The blond hums, nodding. There's a bit of squash dangling from his lip and Harry points to it.

"Yes," he says when he's done with that. "It is actually very helpful in explaining magical signatures. It also has a chapter on bonds, which is why I still have it."

"Isn't this from the Restricted Section," Harry asks curiously, flipping the book to run his finger down the spine. He taps the bottom of it. "It is."

"I had to get it out of the library."

"How'd you do it?"

"I...copied a temporary magical signature of it to a piece of my notes."

"Impressive," Harry nods, grinning. "Didn't know you had it in you."

"I have had a lot of things in me." Draco's eyes widen and he slaps a hand over his mouth, his fork clanging on the plate.

"I know," Harry smirks. "I've seen it."

Draco can only laugh behind the back of his hand and throw his head back. "By Salazar, Potter!"

Harry laughs. "You said it."

"It was meant to be a thought."

"Yeah, well, you can't keep much from me."

The Slytherin's head tilts in thought. "How so?"

"The...other Draco told me that since I'm the Alpha in the bond, there's a lot of things I can do. Like, earlier in the library. I can smell you from far away. And...I can Apparate through the wards."

"What!"

"He also said that you can't keep your thoughts in, as my mate. Because I have to know what you're thinking."

"I cannot lie to you, basically."

"Right. And I feel what you feel sometimes, if it's strong enough."

"We really got ourselves into something deep."

"Yeah," Harry chuckles. "Somehow, I'm not surprised."