Chapter Sixty

It only takes Draco a few seconds to spring to action.

He jumps down and snatches his flowers, sprinting down the corridor toward the Eighth Tower.

A Veril, Draco thinks excitedly. Hang on, Blaise. I will find you.

He's just turning the corner that leads to the Center Courtyard when he spots a glooming body walking sloppily towards him, and he internally gasps when he realizes who it is.

"Xabros!"

The boy stops in his tracks and rolls his eyes up, confusion widening his eyes and making him cower at the sight of Draco running towards him. The blond only yanks his sleeve and drags him along with a short, "No time to explain, follow me."

"Woah--Hey! Where are we going?"

"Tower!"

Xabros runs alongside him willingly, surprisingly without explanation. He hollers at Hermione when he sees her walking out of the library as they cross the entrance to the Great Hall. He gives her the same short explanation Draco had given him, and Hermione follows wordlessly next to them.

Upon coming to the Eight Tower Portrait, only three out of the four Guardians are resting in it, and Draco has to catch a few shaky breaths before he pants out, "Trollnut. Molasses."

"Young Master Malfoy has spoken," Gyana squawks excitedly. "Let the portrait door open!"

"You found something?" Leal curls his paws around each other, like he was about to get a tasty treat. "You have a clue?"

"Leave the boy be, Leal," Baira purrs softly, shaking his mane. The portrait swings inwards and they all stumble in quickly. Draco takes off immediately towards the Gryffindor Entrance.

"Ron!"

Running the cramped staircase has become second nature to him, as he spent most of his time in Harry's dorm rather than his own when Headmistress McGonagall had told him it'd be best if he moved back to the Slytherin Tower.

He wastes no time in bursting through the door, eliminating the alarms he had set there himself with the wave of his wand. He looks around, and when his eyes spot the blue book he moves to get it, dropping the bouquet in its place, sprinting out the door once more.

He only gives a short, "Wait here," as he passes the American and Hermione, taking two steps at a time towards Blaise's bedroom.

But Ron had heard the commotion and is already two steps down from the top. "Draco? Is everything alright?"

Draco takes Ron's collar and swings him to and from, yelling, "I know how we can find them! I found something! We have to--Come on!"

The Gryffindor's eyes remain emotionless, and Draco's harsh tug only moves his shirt askew. "Don't," his voice is low and raspy. "Don't tell me unless you're absolutely sure. I can't handle losing him twice."

"Ron," the blond gasps, and suddenly he feels very out-of-character because all he could think to do is hug him. So he does. "I promise you. I wouldn't do that to you. I found a way."

Ron's eyes bore into him intensely once he pulls away, but Draco does not back down.

"I found a way."

After a short nod, the blond drags him all the way down to the common room, where Xabros and Hermione are trying to figure out why there were dragged here. Xabros is the one that spots them.

"What happened?"

"I was talking with Luna, about Blaise and everything that's happened, and she mentioned something," he inhales and sighs, gives them an assuring smile. "I know how we can find them."