• 1 •

(unedited)

~•~

"hey, (y/n). hey. hey!"

i snapped out of my daze almost immediately from the tone used. still silently pitying myself, i hummed in response, glancing at my right where han eunsae aka ivy, my best friend, was seated.

"how's your song coming up?" eunsae asks, scribbling lines on her paper mindlessly, looking at me. "i can't seem to make proper lyrics right now."

i shrug nonchalantly at her. "so far a heavily edited verse and a very catchy refrain, if i do say so myself." i grin innocently at her puffed out cheeks, obviously jealous of my composing skills.

"how are you able to write lyrics so  easily? and lemme listen to your self-proclaimed 'catchy refrain'," park jimin, another friend of mine, demands, letting go of his chopsticks to air quote using his fingers.

i nod, pushing away my tray of (bland and disgusting) food, taking out my phone to show my excited friend my work in progress. scrolling through my other numerous notes, i finally find the project i'm working on.

jimin snatches the phone out of my hands, it, almost slipping, making me glare at him. he reads through the whole thing pretty slowly while i watch the way his brows move up and down, knowing what every movement means. by far, i can pretty much say that he likes the lyrics.

once finished, jimin sets down the phone and begins to speak. "ehh... it's not bad?" he tilts his head, thinking. "well, i can't really say for sure if it's catchy without knowing how it's sung." he shrugs, looking at me expectantly.

i nod, not really listening.

halfway through watching jimin's eyebrows, my attention drifted towards the last person in the room seated across me, who was busy listening to music, eyes closed, pen in hand. i glanced subtly at the piece of paper placed neatly on the table. not surprisingly, it was filled to the brim with lyrics. min yoongi, aka suga, was, after all, a rapper.

trying to read upside down characters may be difficult, but being able to read yoongi's lyrics was a rare thing- the boy was introverted as fuck as didn't want anyone to look at his work. it surprises me how jimin was able to befriend this guy, but none of that matters when i suddenly realize that a pair of eyes were glaring at me intently.

"shit, sorry. i didn't mean to," i squeaked, putting up my hands in defense, in case of any attacks. (it wasn't really needed because another word to describe yoongi is lazy.) he simply rolled his eyes and put the paper in his pocket, closing his eyes once more while, i guess, mouthing the lyrics of the song he's listening to.

"oh, so that's why you weren't responding at all." i glance at jimin with a raised brow, and he just snorts at me. snorts. "i asked for you to sing it."

brow down, i just sigh, knowing this was going to come up soon enough. i can see eunsae stop writing on her paper to look at me. in my peripheral vision, i might've seen yoongi pause his music using the buttons on his earphones, probably not. he never really paused his music for anyone.

i took a deep breath and started singing softly. even now, i still have a small problem in performing in front of others, even if they're my bestest (even if it's not a word, it's the only word to describe them) friends.

when the refrain starts, i close my eyes, not seeing two eyes staring intently at me from across the table. soon enough, i open my eyes and smile smugly when i hear jimin join in singing. he rolls his eyes at me, knowing that he's going to get teased later on. what i didn't hear, though, was someone humming the tune softly, and it definitely wasn't eunsae who was busy reading something on her phone.