• 4 •

(unedited)

~•~

hearing the bell ring at exactly 3:30 in the afternoon wasn't exactly great for me today. going as slow as possible, i prepare to leave the classroom, others doing the opposite, rushing out like a stampede, all wanting to leave the god forsaken place. sighing, i put the last item in my bag, zipping it close veeeery slowly.

"are you becoming a snail or what," an oh, so familiar, kinda deep and husky voice asks from the front door of the classroom. "you look like you're counting the number of teeth your bag zipper has."

this. this is exactly why i didn't want school to end.

"haha, very funny. i'm coming. be more patient, jeez." i roll my eyes, trying my best to act playful as i pick up my backpack, slinging it across my arm before walking towards yoongi.

you see, after pep-talking myself about my newly found feelings for a certain rapper, i figured ignoring the guy would make things better. but, as luck would have it, (damn my bad luck) min-fucking-yoongi asked to walk home together this morning.

that's when i remembered that said rapper was also my fucking roommate.

also, it seems i was too deep in my thoughts for a while now because i suddenly felt two soft, warm hands cupping both of my cheeks. "you okay? you seem out of it today. even this morning..."

fuck. fuckitty. fuck. (wow i should probably stop cursing inside my mind.)

pulling his hands away from my burning cheeks, i shake my head. "nah. m'good. just kinda... tired?" i sounded too unsure for it to sound real. obviously, yoongi notices it, too.

"look, is there something going on? did someone hurt you? give me a name and i'll-" i interrupt yoongi.

"don't. no one's hurting me. also, you shouldn't do what i think you were going to do. you'll regret it." i hated how i sounded so cold and distant. i probably ruined yoongi's good mood.

great. just great.

"let's just go home, aight?" i smile, fake, trying to lighten up the mood, and start walking. yoongi sighs, knowing it was forced, but follows silently. suddenly, i had a good idea.

"last one's a rotten egg!" i started running, getting a headstart, laughing at yoongi's surprised expression before he starts sprinting a few meters behind. a challenge was always a fun thing.

it ended with me winning just a few centimeters ahead. (yoongi was definitely holding back.) we were both out of breath as we walk go around the apartment, to the backyard, where jimin and eunsae boh had a cup of tea and-

"oh my god!" i rush towards the two who were surprised but are now chuckling, knowing the reason for my excitement. "jiminie!!! you brought maxie," i exclaim, picking up the beautiful cat, appreciating its existence. from behind, i could hear yoongi's deep chuckle as he goes near and starts petting the cat's ears.

thursday was jimin's and eunsae's free days. they would always be at our apartment, waiting for us to go home before starting our daily shenanigans. today, it seems, is going to be a calm day, seeing that neither brought anything other than papers, tea, (and coffee for both me and yoongi, how thoughtful of them,) and of course, maxie.

"it's maxine. please call her the name i gave her," jimin insisted, looking at me pointedly. "also, i didn't expect ypu to come together. yoongi normally gets here before 3," he adds.

"oh, he waited for my class to end- wait what?!" i turn to yoongi who just sighs, knowing what's coming. "you said your classes end just a few minutes before mine! if you get here before three, you must've finished an hour ago or so. you shouldn't have waited!" i frown, although, at the back of my head, i feel a bit giddy to know that yoongi probably waited an hour to walk home with me.