• epilogue •

A/N: i advice you to read the previous chappie (just the last words) first so the beginning wont be out of nowhere...

(unedited)

~•~

"mommy said yes, didn't she?!"

taken aback at the sudden outburst, i giggle before running a hand through my beloved daughter's hair. "of course, baby" i replied, pecking the crown of chaeyoung's head. "mommy said yes."

she squeals in delight, getting the attention of her little brother who started waddling towards us.

"m-mama!" dowoon almost trips, but a pair of hands pull him upwards. i look at their direction and see yoongi carrying him, gummy smile present, as the child giggles.

"dowoon, be more careful." yoongi sets dowoon on his lap as he sits down on the couch right beside me. i had chaeyoung sitting down on my lap, who was now playing with her little brother.

in front of us, the television screen was playing a video of the dance practice of "i need you" by bts, a group that was built despite the fact that the members debuted as solo artists from different places, which included suga.

i giggle a bit once i see jeongguk and taehyung, remembering how the two were so lovey-dovey in front of everyone. after some time, they found the courage to come out and show their love for one another just like seokjin and namjoon who were always checking each other out shamelessly on screen. they're married anyway.

the two men were married immediately a day after same-sex marriage was made legal in korea. jeongguk and taehyung were just really happy to know the news and were both probably dreaming of the day they can finally call each other their husbands.

jimin might've told me that he had mutual feelings for someone, but i couldn't quite remember. hoseok was yoongi's best friend and would always tell me stories about the other members acting all mushy around him, as if mocking him for being a single pringle.

eunsae? let's just say that she's glad to have her friends and would not rather be with anyone else.

a small ball of fluff then jumps on my other side, interrupting my train of thought, wanting attention from any of us. i smile when i see chaeyoung hugging the now grown up cat. it purrs, rubbing its head on my daughter's chest, making her giggle.

when dowoon whines, wanting his turn with the cat, yoongi chuckles calling out to it.

"percy, dowoon wants to hug you, too."

as if able to understand yoongi's words, percy jumps out of chaeyoung's lap, strutting towards dowoon's grabby hands. when percy curled up into dowoon's arms, the youngest child grins proudly, petting the cat gently.

as i reminisce my memories from the past, i feel a very familiar hand take my own, intertwining our fingers before squeezing it. i smile, still watching the video, returning the squeeze.

"i love you."

tearing my gaze away from the screen, i giggle at yoongi. he wouldn't normally say it first unless he wanted attention. i give him a quick peck on the lips.

"i love you too, always and forever."

//

be true, trust, stay, and love - a promise made, a promise kept.

end