• 5 •

(unedited)

~•~

friday. specifically, the last friday of the month. this was one of the reasons why i think those who have friday as their free day is extremely lucky. (also known as eunsae. maybe i should take a hell day in exchange for another free day...)

every last friday of the month, the headmaster announces the name of the solo artist or group that will be debuting that month to all students. (except those who have free days who aren't obligated to attend- damn you eunsae.)

that morning, i woke up extra early, hoping that yoongi wouldn't be up already. luckily, he wasn't. it was 5 am and i was up and ready to leave the apartment.

but i couldn't.

as i was about to open the door and leave, i glanced back, seeing yoongi, who was still asleep, hugging a pillow. i didn't know why, but i ended up walking towards the side of his bed.

i watched him sleep for a few moments, his face held a calm expression, almost smiling. i wonder what he's dreaming about? he shifts, making me startling me a bit. thankfully, he didn't wake up.

even though i didn't want to, i had to leave before yoongi woke up. i knew i was being a coward, but i didn't know how to face him after what happened the night before.

taking one last look, i bit my lip. choosing to take a risk, i press a quick kiss on his forehead, smiling to myself once done. it made me feel a bit better, leaving the room with less of a weight, somehow, on my shoulders.

little did i know, once the door had closed, a certain pale-skinned man was blushing brightly, cradling the spot where my lips once were, with a small smile on his face.

arriving at the school garden, (which was big enough to be a field) i find a few people were already there. the program was supposed to start at 7 which was why i wasnt surprised to see the lack of people at only 6 in the morning. i choose the table farthest from the stage- a table for two. i just hoped that no one would sit in front of me, especially a stranger.

to kill time, i decided to walk around the garden, appreciating the decorations placed all around. there were lots of flowers- expected because it's a garden after all- two fountains, and a transportable stage with all kinds of lights and effects.

scattered throughout the place were tables, all with 4 chairs each, except the farthest one which i was occupying.

after circling around said garden three times, i sat down on the seat i chose, people starting to occupy seats everywhere as it's almost 7. i watch the others around me convers with their friends and loved ones, all waiting for the program to finally begin.

a few minutes later, the headmaster makes an appearance on stage, the audience making a round of applause.

because i was facing the stage, i couldn't see someone take a seat on the chair across me. however, i did hear and feel the chair bump on one of the legs of the table as, whoever it is, decided to adjust his seat.

looking everywhere except behind me, i noticed that there were still many unoccopied seats, so who the hell just sat down behind me, thinking it was a good idea?

i turn my head a bit, discreetly trying to take a peek of the person. from the corner of my eye, i could see black hair.

oh.

turning my head fully to confirm my thoughts, i see a familiar head of black hair, lying on arms resting on the table. with my guess being correct, i didn't know what to do or say, still feeling awkward about what had happened in the past.