Bruised and Bleeding

Elena's POV

It was Friday morning, so I decided to wear something comfortable to school. I put in a pair of black leggings and a longer tan Bars and Melody sweater... I took it from Leo. I put on just eyeliner and mascara for my makeup. I grabbed my bag and phone, put on my Converse and slid out the door. Leo usually gets to school after I do so I went on ahead.

When I walked into first block, Corey eyed me. Shit, had it already been a month? Corey and his goons had been bullying me for years, since elementary school and the teachers had never done anything to stop it. That only made things worse.

After fourth block, I waited for Leo by his locker. Corey got there first. "Hey bitch. That guy isn't here right now. Nobody around here cares about you right now." He taunted. " That guys name is Leo." I said trying to walk away. He tightly grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, then slammed me against the lockers. His grip got tighter. I closed my eyes waiting for him to hit me. "Get your hands off of her." I heard a familiar voice say. I opened my eyes to see Leo and Sam standing behind Corey. Corey let me go and shoved me to the ground, where Sam helped me up. Corey hauled off and punched Leo. I saw a fire burning bright in Leo's eyes. In a quick move, Leo got Corey on the ground and proceeded to hit him. "Leo! Stop, please!" I begged. Leo stopped and looked at me, a tear escaped his eye and fell down his cheek. "I'm okay." I said. Leo got off Corey, who was busted up and bleeding, and came to me. I wrapped my arms tightly around him. I could feel his whole body shaking and his usually calm heartbeat was racing. I pushed his hair back and examined his red face. He had a cut on his cheek and the skin would surely bruise. A girl walked up beside us and put her hand on his shoulder, "Leo? You're bleeding." She had an accent similar to his, so I assumed it was his sister, Tilly. "I'm okay." He said reassuring the both of us.

We ended up having to go to the office. Corey, Leo and myself. Since our school has a zero tolerance policy, we all got suspended for three school days. We couldn't come back until next Thursday.

Leo and I went to my house, where my mom was sitting in the living room. She wasn't surprised when we walked in. In fact, she was worried. She came to me and searched my face for any cuts or bruises, "The principal called and told me what happened. Are you okay?" "I'm fine. He didn't hurt me. Leo stopped him." I said looking at him. My mom thanked him, "Thank you. Thank you so much." He nodded his head. "Mom, I need to take care of him. You can talk to him later." I said cutting the meet and greet off. She moved out of our way. I then led him to my room and shut the door. I made him sit on the bed where he dropped his head into his hands. His knuckles were bleeding. "Let me clean that out." I said. "Wait." He said taking my hand and pulling me towards him. Using his other hand, he lifted my sleeve and saw that my wrist was already starting to bruise. "Does it hurt?" He asked. "I'm okay." I replied. "That's not what I asked." He said. He was so on edge that his voice lightly cracked. His bloodshot eyes were filled with sadness and worry. "No, it doesn't hurt." I responded trying not to show how terrified and worried I was. He let my hand go and put his head back in his hands. I went into the bathroom and got alcohol, cotton balls and some bandages. I then went back into my room and sat on the floor in front of him.
-------------------------------------------

Leo's POV

She took a hair tie from her wrist and tied my hair back. "Look at me Leo." She said. I lifted mt head and watched as she got everything ready to clean my cuts. "This might sting a bit." She said before dabbing the alcohol soaked cotton on my cheek. Getting another cotton ball and more alcohol, she stared cleaning my knuckles. "Thank you." She said as she finished wrapping my hand with a bandage. "You don't have to thank me, love." I replied. "I did it anyway. I was scared before you showed up. When you did, the only thing that went through my mind was that you were going to get hurt." She said moving to the bed beside me. She layed down and tugged my shirt so I would lay beside her. I layed with my head on her chest and my arm around her waist for a while, slowly drifting to sleep knowing she was safe.