Uber??

Time skips a couple weeks

(Sadie's POV)

To be honest, I think we should have known something was up. It's too late now though. I'm just thankful it was me and not Elena. She may be in pain right now but soon she'll wake up and be able to move on with her life. And I'm even more grateful Charlie's safe. It hurts to think of him moving on with another girl, because eventually he will have to, but I wouldn't change a thing. I'm glad it was me not them. 

Down the street we walked that afternoon, our legs tired from walking all day and our arms laden with bags. We chatted mindlessly about random things, already becoming fast friends. 

"Let's call an uber and get the heck home." Elena suggested. So we stood by the side of the curb and waited for the driver. A black SUV parked in front of us and opened the back door for us to climb in. So we did. 

This would be the mistake that cost me my life. 

As soon as we shut the door behind us the doors clicked and locked. I didn't think anything of it at first, but soon my stomach started to knot and I realised something was up. Outside the darkened windows I could just see another SUV parking right where we had just stood. This car had the Uber sticker on its front window. Ours didn't, and I couldn't see the driver

"Elena, I think we-" I started, but immediately the car zoomed off and we lurched back in our seats. 

"We got in the wrong car Elena. This isn't the Uber." I whispered frantically. 

"Oh fu-" 

Suddenly one of the drivers opens the window separating the driver from the passengers and throws in a smoke bomb of some sort. I've seen enough action movies to know this gas certainly isn't good. 

"Don't inhale. Hold your breath!" I shout, desperately trying to open the windows. "Fucking childlock." I curse aggressively. 

Elena's face starts to go red, and then purple, and similarly, I can feel my vision becoming woozy. We can't hold our breath any longer. Both of us exhale at the same time and gulp in the toxic air. We cover our shirts over our mouth so we don't get the full effect, but soon enough the effect of the gas works its will on us. Elena grabs my hand and together we sit in absolute fear, as we slowly slip into unconsciousness. 

                                                                                                ***

After what feels like hours, I wake up, my vision becoming woozy and I realise I have a cut over my eye. How did I get that? My vision wavers but soon I can make out the details of the room I'm in. And as my vision returns, my sense of touch also comes back. I feel my hands becoming tingly as I move them around. They are behind my back, tied tightly together. So tight the circulation is starting to cut off. 

Jesus Christ.

Then I remember. Elena

"Elena?" I try to shout, but it comes out as a cough. "Elena?!" I wheeze again. 

"Sadie?" I hear a weak voice call out for me. I turn my head to the side and see her, also tied up to a chair, blood dripping down her lip. 

"Oh god are you okay?" I ask her

She nods. "How about you?" 

"Yes I'm fine." 

I take a deep breath and attempt to take in my surroundings. We're in a small empty room except for ourselves, everything is a cold grey colour, and has no sense of life. Not that I imagined that it would do, but still. There is a door directly in front of us, about five feet away, but its too far to scuttle towards, and there are multiple padlocks stopping us. We're trapped.