Double Date 2

(Sadie's POV)

I don't bother showering in the morning. There's no real point if I'm just gonna get wet anyway. Instead, I pull on my new white bikini and a sheer romper coverup on top. I leave my short brown hair out in its usual messy curls and slip on my flipflops. When I get downstairs Charlie is already ready to go, a beach bag slung over his shoulder mom style. 

I make a point of mentioning this to him, and he scoffs with an eye roll. "While I look like a caring mother, you here look like a prostitute."

I snicker. "So you're saying you don't like what I'm wearing? I can go change, if that's what you wan-"

"Oh no no no no." Charlie exclaims. "No you look beautiful." 

"Thanks." I blush and together we walk out the door hand in hand. 

                                                                                             ***

Elena and Leo are already there when we pull up. 

I race out of the car towards them, leaving Charlie to deal with the heavy bag. "Hi guys!!"

"Hey." They both respond as they set up towels at the top of the cliff. I join them, laying out my towel beside Elena and Charlie's. After w while of just chatting, we decide to swim. Me and Elena stand at the top of the cliff, toes over the edge, staring down into the crystal clear water. 

"Looks deep enough to me." I remark. 

"Yeah." Elena replies, looking a bit scared. 

"You girls gonna jump first?" Charlie laughs playfully. 

I raise an eyebrow "We just might."

"No balls." Leo teases. 

"Excuse me Leo, we have some major lady balls." Elena shoots back. 

Leo crosses his arms "Then jump."

I look at Elena and we both shrug. I grab her hand and together we step off the edge. My stomach drops to my feet, but it feels exhilarating. We hit the water like a tonne of bricks, but we survived it. I swim around for a minute under the water, enjoying the cool feel of the water rushing around me. When I come up for air Elena says: "We might wanna move, looks like they're gonna jump too."

Quickly we swim further away from the base of the cliff, just in time to feel the splash as the two teenaged boys bomb dive in. 

We spend the rest of the day swimming around, splashing each other until Charlie pulls me aside in the water. 

"You good? I feel like I haven't had much one on one time with you today." He says. 

I wrap my arms around his neck. "Of course. Let's hang out just the two of us tomorrow."

He grins. "I would like that very much."

I kiss him then, pulling him closer and closer to me. His hands run up and down my bare back, sending tingles down my spine. The sun shines down on me and him, like a spotlight on a stage. At this moment I feel completely at peace. I've got two amazing friends and one hell of a good boyfriend. 

***

lmao sorry that sucked ass haha im not feeling very creative today hehe. 

- Nina