Are You Okay?

Elena's POV

Leo slept in my arms for a while. I knew that he wasn't telling me something, but I figured he would tell me when he was ready.

My phone buzzed letting me know that I got a text. Unknown number.

?: Hey it's Charlie
E: Hey
C: Leo isn't answering. I heard what happened and I really need to see him
E: He's sleeping. He was pretty shaken up. We're at my house though so you can come over.
C: where do you live?
E: nextdoor to Leo. The one with the big oak tree right beside it.
C: thanks. I'll be there soon.
E: okay.

I carefully took the hair tie out of Leo's hair and put it back around my wrist. I started rubbing his back in an attempt to wake him up, "Babe." "Hmm?" Was the response I got. "Charlie is on his way over." I said. "Okay." He said sitting up. He ran his hand through his hair before looking back at me. "Can I ask you something?" He asked. "Yeah. Of course." I said. He leaned back against my bedpost before speaking, "How long has Corey done this to you." He looked at my wrist. "Since elementary school." I said. I felt my heart drop as a single tear fell down his cheek. "What's wrong? Leo?" I moved his hair from his face and moved myself onto his lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face in the crook of my neck. "I'm sorry. As long as I'm around, he'll never hurt you again. I promise." His voice was shaky. I got off of him and sat beside him with my head on his shoulder, his arms still around me and his head resting on mine.

There was a light tap on my door about 10 minutes later, "come in." My mom opened the door and let Charlie in, then she left. Charlie sat at the end corner of my bed and looked at the floor. "Are you guys okay?" He asked. "Yeah. We got suspended." Leo said. Charlie and I smiled. "You look pale. In all the years I've known you I've never seen you this pale. Are you sure that you're okay?" Charlie asked with concern flickering back into his eyes. "It just freaked me out." He replied.

"How about a happy change in the subject?" Charlie cooed. Leo chuckled quietly. "Sadie told me something about a double date tomorrow. She wants to go swimsuit shopping with you." He said. I forgot. Shit. I raised up and turned to Leo, "I forgot to ask you but Sadie wants us to go on a double date to the cliffs tomorrow." "Sounds fun." He smiled. "You should probably tell Sadie." Charlie said, "She told me to be sure I tell you about going shopping." I laughed and reached for my phone. I immediately texted Sadie and we agreed to meet at Leo's house in twenty minutes.

When she got there, we both got very excited. The boys looked at each other and smiled. I kissed Leo on the cheek before dashing out the door and getting in Sadie's car.

***

The bikinis we got were hot. I couldn't wait to see Leo's face.
-------------------------------------------

Leo's POV

Charlie and I were sitting in the living room when the girls came back. "Hey Leo, your girlfriend looks great in a bikini." Sadie said. I could feel myself blush. "I bet mine does too" Charlie laughed. Elena looked at me and rolled her eyes before smiling. She was perfect.

Later that night, after Charlie and Sadie went home, we decided that Elena was going to her house then sneak me in so I didn't have to meet her father yet. I climbed the tree by her window and watched as she entered her room and made her way to the window. She opened it and helped me inside. "Let's go to sleep then get up early in the morning." She said setting the alarm. As I do every night, I pulled my shirt off and layed down. Elena turned the light off and layed beside me. She had her back against me so I put my arm around her and pulled her closer. She rolled over and kissed me softly before rolling back over. "Goodnight babe." She said. I love it when she calls me that. "Goodnight love."