Hospital

That last chapter absolutely broke my heart to read. 😭😭😭 Are you crying? I am

         -Bree

Leo's POV

     "Leo?" Sam asked making me look up.  "She's alive. She's in surgery right now." I said trying my hardest not to cry. "Thank God." He said. His eyes were red and puffy, it was obvious that he'd been crying.  Still, he was surprisingly calm. If it would have been Tilly, I'd lose my mind. Sam's a tough guy though, I kinda envy him in that way.

Neither of Elena's parents would even look at me. Brooke sat silently between them. Sam, however, sat beside me. "You okay?" He asked. "Should I break up with her, Sam?" "No! Dude, I know that you're hurting right now, but I also know that you two love each other. I can see it in the way you look at her. If you break up with her, it's going to make her hurt much more than she already will be." He replied surprised by my question. "I need her to be okay." I said feeling a tear fall. "I know you do. Me too." He said with a trembling voice. "I'm sorry." "It's not your fault, Leo."

**

After Elena was out of surgery, the doctor told her family that they could go in. I didn't want to overstep my boundaries so I didn't move. "Leo, sweetie? Are you coming in?" Elena's mom, Jenny, asked. "No. It's better if don't." I replied. "Well... I know she'll want to see you when she wakes up. If you wanna go home then we can call you as soon as her eyes open." Jenny said with a sad smile. "Thank you." I said.

**

For what seemed like forever, I waited with my phone, but no call came. Charlie went back over seas to make sure that Sadie was buried near where her family was. He was upset that I didn't accompany him, but he understood.

About three days after the incident, the sound of my phone woke me up. Unknown number.

L: Hello?
?: Hi, babe.
L: Elena?!
E: Yeah. It's me.
L: Are you okay?
E: Can you come see me?
L: Yeah. I'll be there soon.

I quickly slid my shoes and a hoodie on and raced out the door.