Oops!

"Lucius, honey. You should go or you'll be late." Narcissa warned her husband who, much to her amusement, couldn't stop playing with their young nine year old son, Draco. It has been years, but it still seems like a dream that the war involving Voldemort has ended letting these sweet moments to happen.

Neither Lucius or herself wanted anything to do with the mad man. Lucius and their mutual friend Severus both had difficult childhoods and were ultimately sucked into something they regretted. The dark mark on the inside of their left forearms was a constant reminder that they served the Dark wizard, but the fact they weren't in Azkaban was due to another choice. A choice they were proud of ...

Albus Dumbledore and his husband, Gellert, seemed to sense that they were not very loyal to the dark wizard and took a chance by offering them the option of becoming spies. They took it and became the pivotal points to changing the course of the war and eventually helped to end Voldemort.

Lucius smiled and kissed his son on the head, "I'll see you later ok, Draco?"

"Can't I come with you?" Draco pouted as his Dad got up and draped his formal robes on his shoulders. The Malfoy family lord kissed his wife before looking at his nine year old son.

"I doubt you'd want to, Draco. I'll be in a few boring meetings so it won't be very fun. When I'm not busy I'll take you and show you around sometime." Lucius said as he went to the fireplace and popped the lid off the blue jar containing the green floo powder. He took a fist full and haphazardly tossed the lid of the jar back on.

Draco sighed in defeat, "Ok, bye Dad"

"Ministry." Lucius smiled in amusement and disappeared in a flash of green flames when he tossed the powder down on the floor.

Narcissa chuckled as Draco glared at the fireplace with a pouty lip as if glaring will force the floo network to give back his Dad, "Your Dad will be back by dinner. Why don't we play around with some new spells until he gets back?" Draco's eyes sparkled at the idea and sat next to his mother with his wand out. A couple hours passed as mother and son played around with a few fun little spells.

The spell casting was interrupted when a house elf popped in with lunch. The playing continued until the house elf, Dobby, returned to warn Narcissa about a potion in the lab. Narcissa went downstairs to the lab to take a potion off the burner leaving Draco to look around in boredom while waiting for his mother to return. It was then he noticed something.

The Malfoy heir raced over to the fireplace in excitement ... The lid to the floo powder jar was not on all the way!

The child safety charm only keeps kids from getting floo powder if it's all the way on so little Draco wouldn't be able to open it if it was on right, but it wasn't. Thanks to the little spell skills he had he was able to levitate the jar down from the high fireplace mantel to the floor carefully. Draco set his wand on the floor in his excitement before sliding the crooked lid off, took some powder in his tiny fist and put the lid back on correctly this time.

"Min-itry." Exclaimed the young Malfoy confidently as he stood in the fireplace and threw the powder down. The boy was startled slightly as he was hit with a weird sensation when the green flames engulfed him, but he recovered quickly and jumped out of the fireplace ready to go find his Dad. However, the place he jumped into looked nothing like the Ministry building his Dad described so many times before.

It looked like someone's home. To the left was a small kitchen, to the right was a smaller living room that could be closed off with a pair of large sliding doors. Another right from that room would take you to a room with a large wooden staircase and little farther left of the stairs was a sun room filled with plants and he was standing in a bigger living room with vibrant paintings of lots of shapes and sizes covering the walls.