Past Returns

Last Time:

"First, he calls me Sebastian when we first met and now my soul looks like someone else's ... he's getting crazier every day ... I hope he doesn't mean actual termites." Harry frowned, but shrugged it off knowing Doc speaks in riddles.

XXXXXXXXXX

Severus smiled as he waited on the first floor in front of the lecture room with Amy who came to see the potion master present his potion to the healers in lab 20, "You didn't have to come, Amy."

"I wanted to ... they're coming! Good luck!" Amy smiled and went to take her seat. Now that things have calmed down after that incident with Wyatt she has been reassigned back to her original position at the check-in counter and was the lucky one who got to assign Severus's potion to a lab for testing. Of course, she couldn't resist seeing the presentation herself so she came along.

As the other healers filed into the room and respectfully picked their seats Severus stood in front of the room behind a table. The table held 40 vials of his potion for testing and he handed out the list of ingredients that were used in his potion ...

"I created a potion to fix old breaks in bones that didn't heal properly. The potion will systematically break and heal bones where the old injuries are in order to correct the problem." Severus said simply and noticed he had everyone's attention.

This would be a very useful potion for many healers. Most injuries can be healed if caught right away, but wounds that are tainted by dark magic can't be healed until the dark magic fades. In such a case scars can form, but while a scar on the skin can be dealt with easily a poorly healed bone can't be undone. Such issues would be painful, but little can be done. It's precisely because of the discomfort and pain he deals with from such instances that Severus started with this potion ...

One healer indicated he had a question after looking through the ingredients, "It's rare, but some people do have an allergy to a couple of these ingredients. Are you considering variations of this potion?"

"Yes, though, it will be after the testing of this potion." Severus answered.

Another healer raised her hand, "I see a few things that can cause a numbing effect. Did you intend that?"

"In part. The potion became stable with those ingredients, but I believe that part maybe necessary depending on the person taking it. I will be the first to test it so we'll see what the effects would be on a person from my particular past." Severus said without a hint of hesitation, which made the healers look at him with surprise and respect. Not many potion masters volunteer to test their own potions thus the need for several labs dedicated to finding volunteers.

With the potion presented the rest was up to the potion itself. Severus went to the lab with the healers. Amy went back to the check-in counter, but not without saying good luck again. Considering the nature of this potion the healers all prepared for the worst. As the protocol goes first was a scan spell. The shear amount of past broken bones made the healers ask him if he was really sure about this. Being as stubborn as he was Severus agreed, took one of his potion and laid down on the bed provided.

Moments after drinking the potion bones started breaking and mending. The healers looked worried, but Severus assured them he didn't feel anything. Apparently, the numbing aspect worked well, but there was a time limit ...

"The numbing is wearing off." Severus calmly informed the healers. John, the head healer for lab 20, ordered an IV with pain relieving potions immediately. Just before the pain of a newly broken rib surfaced the IV was in. Everything was recorded from the large number of bones that re-broke and healed in the total 56 minutes to the 30 minutes that the numbing quality lasted. This was a very informative test ...