Collisions

Last Time:

When Sirius realized the old wizard wouldn't give him anything he shot a few more insults at those around, knowingly or not, and stormed out with the Potters not knowing that several surprises lay just around the corner ...

XXXXXXXXXX

With great care Jessica trimmed the leaves of one of the newest sprouts. Each of the formerly extinct plants were clipped carefully and the first ever samples were bottled for the potion masters who were waiting for them. She got a tray ready and set it in front of Severus who was patiently waiting, but then she spotted someone actually trying to take a bottle off the tray as Severus grabbed a copy of the Herbologist's reports ...

"What are you doing, Wyatt?" Jessica snapped making Severus turn to glare at the man behind him.

"My apologies, I thought this was my tray." Wyatt said with a charming smile that looked a little strained as he set the vial back on the tray.

Jessica raised an eyebrow, "Your name isn't on the sign up sheet."

"There must be a mistake because I signed up and should be given my samples." Wyatt demanded.

Severus scoffed as he took his own tray, "I was informed that there are only ten people allowed on the list in the beginning I was with the seven other people who got here early to pick up their trays. That's eight trays and there are only two trays left on the shelf neither of which have your name so you aren't getting a tray."

"This is despicable behavior. You can't just fabricate the facts and deny people their rightful things." Wyatt scowled.

Both Severus and Jessica seemed momentarily stunned at this man's nerve, but before the herbologist could yell at the fool for such nasty accusations Harry entered the Verdure dome, "Is there a problem here?"

"You could say that. I was denied my tray of samples because this herbologist is playing favorites. I won't stand for a place with such terrible treatment towards others!" Wyatt snapped in an arrogant and dramatic flare.

Harry raised an eyebrow and walked over to the tablet on the wall next to the entrance, "A poor work environment is a terrible thing to go through so allow me confirm exactly what happened. As I announced I amped up the security after that leak, but since there was an increase in risk with rare and extinct plants here I added a security ward around the Verdure dome for protection. It keeps track of everyone's comings and goings and identifies who's magic it is ... give me a moment." Severus smirked as he watched Harry tap a few keys on the tablet and glanced at Wyatt who's demeanor shifted from arrogant to slightly stiff. Perhaps he was nervous, "Hmmm ... it says that you have been in the Verdure dome since the leak incident, but not since the sample sign up sheet was brought out. That means you never signed the list. Care to explain?" Harry said as he turned away from the tablet to face Wyatt.

"I must've neglected to sign the sheet." Wyatt remarked coldly before turning and briskly walking away.

Harry not so subtly adjusted his glasses with his middle finger instead of the usual thumb and pointer combo, which made Severus smirk at the rude action that went mostly unseen, "Wyatt" Harry called out in a stern tone making the man stop in his tracks, "In the spirit of promoting a friendly workplace it only seems fair that you should apologize to Jessica since you did accuse her of some very unethical actions, which turned out to be untrue. Don't you agree?"

A slight grinding teeth sound was heard before Wyatt turned around and looked at Jessica with a cold stare, "My apologies."

"Mistakes happen." Jessica shrugged with a slightly smug smile that seemed to irritate the wizard further, but the second the man turned back around her eyes narrowed. She waited until the creep left to huff, "The nerve of that man! Why haven't you thrown him out yet?" She demanded.