Goals

Last Time:

The young girl sniffled, "Yeah ... but, at least, you won't be here and soon I won't be either." She said as they huddled together being careful not to hurt each other's wounds ...

XXXXXXXXXX

"Now, if you neglect to include the lacewing, which is another common mistake, this will happen." Harry said from behind a barrier set up outside Decoction with a group of young students. Some other potion masters were present including Severus, who was allowed to oversee the lessons as promised. Of course, by lessons Harry apparently meant 'blow up cauldrons in order to make the youngest students realize how dangerous potions were' and destroying enchanted store front dummies, "See the spray? That's deadly if not caught quickly. Never breath in potion fumes or let spray set on your skin." Harry said as the dummy at the cauldron was sprayed by the overflowing potion and, to the students' horror, burst into flames soon after ...

The blunt statement was followed by a few more demonstrations to further traumatize every student there. When one test dummy neglected to properly dice the mandrake root and was covered in painful looking blisters Severus had to bite his lip to keep from laughing. The kids looked scared and they clearly got the point, which made Severus tempted to go back to teaching just to try this tactic on the dunderheads at Hogwarts, but then he remembered the stress of grading and exam writing. He hated those things so much that there was no way he'll go back to teaching.

"Technically, these potions are for next year. The ones you'll be doing for your summer homework aren't as volatile, but they are more dangerous than the salves you did for practicing ingredient preparation during your first year so do pay attention. Read the recipes thoroughly before you start and never close your hands when dropping ingredients into the cauldron. That's a good way to miss something that is stuck between your fingers and we saw what happens when certain things are left out. Have fun brewing!" Harry said perhaps too cheerfully after such a demonstration, but the kids, albeit hesitantly, went to their stations inside where the older students already started their own assignments under the other potion masters' watchful eyes.

"You terrified them." Severus whispered softly in amusement as Harry came over to the upper level where he was watching the kids below.

"I do what I must to drive the point home." Harry said with a smirk. Admittedly he did enjoy the display, but he was happy knowing he did all he could to mentally prepare the kids for brewing dangers, "I want them to know what could happen if you don't pay attention. You can't control kids, but you can protect by giving them knowledge. I'd like to think anyone would do the same no matter how awkward it may be especially for their own kids- ... never mind. What did you think of the Herbology reports?"

Severus raised an eyebrow at the quick change in subject, but ignored it for now, "It was incredibly enlightening. I have a project that will benefit greatly from using the clipping of one of the new sprouts. I signed up for one of the first cuts."

"Good move. The saplings are small so everything will be limited for the time being ... I will be going over to Britain in a couple weeks to oversee the squib treatment program." Harry commented seemingly unconcerned with the fact.

"What?" Severus blinked. He was positive that he heard Harry wrong, but it soon became startling obvious that the director was not joking. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

Harry sighed, "It has nothing to do with want. The Squib Bylines are my invention and, more to the point, most of the healers helping with treating and training the UK's squibs are from Decoction. I am obligated to oversee, at least, some of the program. I can use this teaching excuse for only two more weeks."

A twinge of guilt hit Severus, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gone to the healers here-"

The blonde sighed as he shook his head, "This is not your fault. Not by a long shot. The people in the UK needed assistance and as their representative you got help. Whether you went through Decoction for medical help or not it doesn't matter since it is still my bylines. Of course, there is something you could do for me to make it easier."