Pressure

Last Time:

Harry smiled, "Yes it is, but I'm happy to say he's fine ... better than fine actually ... he just wants to walk into the courtroom and be obviously showing." He said and began explaining the very good news ...

XXXXXXXXXX

"Zippy has already told you no. You aren't allowed back in the house after you screwed up the lights to the point where they exploded! Go play in you clock." The house elf snapped and pointed at the grandfather clock, which was now in Severus's beach home.

"But the mind sharks are swimming in circles searching for the juicy treats they missed so they can return to their cave." The ghost of Doc whined.

"Fine, you want to know why you have been stranded here?! About 8 months ago you exploded the lights and burned Master Severus and if Master Harry didn't get rid of you the healers would've hired 20 different exorcists to banish you into limbo. Believe it or not you're here for your safety, though, Zippy suspects if master Harry saw you before the birth he may make the call himself." Zippy muttered.

Doc blinked uncomprehendingly, "When is the time for consumption of edibles?"

"Zippy is not making you any food." The elf sighed in annoyance.

"The inner rumbles can't cease until edibles are sent into battle." Doc whined.

"You don't have hunger. You're dead! Get that through your transparent skull!" The poor elf snapped in frustration.

"TO HEADQUARTERS!" Doc yelled and the lights flickered before exploding.

Zippy opened his eyes and glared as he saw that Doc was gone, "Oh, no you don't!" He muttered disappeared with a pop to chase down the ghost ...

XXXXXXXXXX

"Feeling alright?" Harry asked as he helped a heavily pregnant Severus up from the couch.

"I'm feeling fat." Severus grumbled.

"Well, you're clearly beautiful. Maybe I should get the healers so you can tell them about these hallucinations." Harry said and chuckled as he was pushed playfully by Severus.

Severus smiled, but then his smile slowly faded, "Will you be alright seeing them again?"

Harry looked down into those black eyes silently for a few minutes before kneeling on one knee, "If you say yes I will be." He said as he pulled a ring complete with a green emerald out of his pocket.

"Harry ... I ... yes." Severus gasped as he began tearing up, "Jerk, we agreed to not discuss this until after. You're taking advantage of my hormones!" Severus accused, but couldn't stop himself from crying as Harry slipped the ring on his ring finger.

"I know how to get what I want." Harry smiled and stood up to brush the tears away, "I love you and our little one." He said softly with one hand on Severus's swollen belly, but before he could kiss his lover he saw a flicker of something in the corner of his vision an he looked up to see a ghost floating there, "Doc ..." Harry said with a hint of ice in his tone meaning he wasn't in the mood for his mentor's antics, but when Doc didn't react he quirked an eyebrow. "Doc?"

Zippy popped into the room and glared at the ghost, "Found you!" The elf blinked as the ghost just floated there staring at Harry and Severus.

When Doc's eyes drifted down to Severus's pregnant belly they softened, "I am so sorry for causing so much trouble." He said clearly for the first time in a very long time before looking at the spot where Severus was burned on the hand months ago and while the marks were long since healed Doc still looked saddened, "I can't believe I hurt you."