Safety

Last Time:

Draco came running towards them from the swing set with a drop dead gorgeous blonde man that made Severus's heart skip a beat ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Albus scowled and tapped his foot impatiently, "This is insane ... it's times like this I wish headmasters had some power in the Ministry." He grumbled as he waited to hear that Lucius has come out of his meeting. The rooms the meetings are held in are designed to stay shut and keep any noise from outside silent so the meeting isn't disturbed. Nothing short of an attack on the Ministry or an order from a higher up can contact the people inside. Of course, this straight up sucks if you want to pass on a personal issue like say, for example, a missing son.

"Forget this ... I don't like to do this, but this is a serious situation." Albus sighed and went upstairs using the elevator. He walked quickly to the large office and heard the secretary giggle as he threw the doors open. There was his husband Gellert, the current Minister of Magic, eating a big plate of greasy fish and chips.

The secretary outside burst out laughing, "I warned you, Gelly!"

Dumbledore sighed at his hubby's 'Caught in the headlights' expression, "We'll talk about you going against your healer's orders later. Right now I need your help."

Gellert frowned at the seriousness in his love's voice and swallowed his chip, "What's going on, Albus?" He asked as he pushed his unhealthy meal aside hoping Albus would forget about it.

"Young Draco Malfoy has gone missing somewhere in muggle America. Severus and Narcissa apparated there illegally to help him. You need to drag Lucius out of his meeting and help." Albus didn't remember at the time, but international apparating was illegal so this situation needed several fixes. This will be a problem for the newly appointed Minister because the former Minister, Fudge, did his best to isolate the UK from other magical nations making it new territory, but Draco came first ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Draco fell to the floor with a scream. He inched back as the hideous red dog like creature with empty eye sockets that came out of the painting growled at him, "Calm down, good doggy." Said the blonde as his hands groped around to find his wand without taking his eyes off the thing snarling at him.

A sinking feeling hit him as he realized there was no wand. He left it at home!

The creature charged ready to sink its fangs into little Draco. Draco had just enough time to dodge and roll out of the way from the in coming attack. The sound of ripping made the boy look up and see the dog shredding the couch.

Taking the chance he quickly got up and ran for the sunroom filled with plants that had a door leading outside, but just as he passed the grandfather clock next to the stairs ...

*BOOM*

The sudden explosion from inside the clock rattled the grandfather clock and startled Draco making him trip. Sadly, the noise snapped the creature out of its merciless mauling of the couch turn it's attention back to the defenseless young wizard. It bounded through a small window in the wall between the small living room and the room with the staircase effectively placing itself between Draco and the sunroom.

The frightened Malfoy heir slowly got up and inched back towards the stairs. Fear and panic gripped him as he heard the same hissing sound as before. Another creature was coming out ...

The ghastly canine lunged forward, but ended up ramming into the banister as Draco scrambled out of the way and bolted up the stairs as fast as possible. A second dog leapt up the stairs knocking Draco to the floor. Without even bothering to look around the boy jumped up and opened the first door he saw slamming it shut just before the two sets of fangs could get him.