Part 4 : Severide

Part 4:

Her door was open.

He went it, and grabbed Grant by the shirt to get him off of her.

She thought after all these years Grant was about to rape her. And she knew that whenever he was under the influence of the drugs he wasn't himself. It was hard enough for her to get him to calm down when they were together but now, it was even harder. She didn't know him anymore or at least that's what it felt like.

"Get out of here" Severide shouted.

"Don't you dare tell me what to do, Stella is my wife and I will do to her whatever pleases me!" He was all up in Severide's face.

But Severide didn't have the time for his foolishness. He grabbed him by one arm and was ready to throw him out, but then he reached for his gun in his back and threatened him.

"Be careful!" She screamed.

Severide took a step back but when Grant turned to look at Stella screaming, he took a chance and threw a punch at him. He then knocked the gun out of Grant's hands.

And before you knew it Grant was already on the floor.

"Call the cops" he told Kidd. And she did, Grant used to do stupid stuff before when they together and she took it all in but this time she would involve the police hoping he'd let her live her life for good.
_______________

Minutes later the police were there, and Stella felt a little better. She was used to being treated badly being in Foster care, but for it to be done by someone she knew and once trusted felt horrible.

"We'll need you two to come by the district tomorrow!"

"Sure, thank you" and they cuffed and took Grant with them.

Severide was still here, quiet as a mouse. He was wondering if she was okay, but it was hard reading her. And he finally asked.

"Are you sure you okay?"

"Um..uh" she had already forgotten that he was there and he was the one who saved her. But hearing his voice got her out of her thoughts.

"I'm okay, i'm good!"

"Well then if you say so! I'm going to leave you, but i'm not so sure you should be alone right now" he was worried. "So it's whatever you want!"

"I'm fine" she insisted.

He took a last look at her, and started to open the door. "Try to have a goodnight then!" He smiled at her.

But as tough as she wanted to look, she broke. And even though before she was trying to avoid Kelly, she was thankful he was there this night.

So she went and gave him a hug.

"Thank you!" And her hug was getting tighter.

It was the same thank you, the same voice that once he heard. He still couldn't explain how that made him feel but he was glad he got there in time.

"I really think you shouldn't be alone! So what i want to propose something to you, I take you to Dawson's house and you stay there for as long as you need. Now I know that you don't know us like that yet but I still think it'll be better than being alone here" he was very convincing.

So she accepted.

She packed a small bag, and while she was packing Kelly called Dawson hoping she wasn't asleep yet. He explained what had happened and immediately Gabby was on board.
__________________
They arrived at Dawson's house, where she was living with Matt. And she hugged Stella, she wanted to feel like she could count on her.

"Are you okay Stella?" She asked worried.

"Oh don't worry about me! I'm fine really" stella answered with a small smile. She had done that all her life, act tough.

"Well you can stay with us for as long as you need. But since we don't know what they are going to do to this asshole, it would be better to find yourself another place to live" she was trying to help.

"Gabby is right! And we can help but for now you should rest"

Severide kissed Gabby goodbye, and then he turned to Stella took one of her hand and said to her.

"Everything is going to be alright" he sqeezed her hand a little and it was enough for her to feel better.

And she thought, that with only that little time in the firehouse those people sure knew how to make her feel welcomed. She felt loved to say the least.
_______________

Time went by, Stella took in Gabby's advice and looked for another place. Grant had been arrested but she knew somehow it wouldn't be for a long time so she would try to forget and not cross his path for as much as possible.

Her time as a candidate was going great, and sometimes she would go drink along everybody else at Molly's.
________________
51 started to feel a little more like home each and everyday.

She was cooking today and like every time she was on shift as a candidate. Today was chicken parmesan, it was her best dish.

"Hm smelling good" said Otis.

"It better be ready quick Kidd, we're starving over there and those bells could go off anytime" said Herrmann while he was reading his journal.

She laughed "it's almost done Herrmann, I hope your highness can wait a little longer".

And they all laughed. And then she continued cooking. When she heard.

"You need help with that?" It was Severide.

"No i know you are trying to get served before everyone else but it's not going to happen! No shoo out of my cooking area!"

"Oh come on! You've been bragging about your chicken parm so i want to taste and see if it's really that good!" He said while sitting at the table.

"Everyone will get to taste it, you guys are so impatient"

After almost everybody complained, the food was ready. So everyone took a plate a sat at the table to eat.

One bite or two bites in a call came in.

"Truck 81! Squad 3! Ambulance 61! Multiple vehicule accident"

And it was time for them to gear up, forks down they all went to the trucks.
_______________
The call went great, they all came back hungry. And sat to eat finally. That chicken tasted great but of course they had to tease Stella.

"It misses some flavor" said Herrmann first.

"Of course you had to be the first to say something" she looked at him amused.

"You know he can't keep his mouth shut" said Capp.

"Well then next person who makes a comment about my delicious food" she emphasized on the delicious "that person is getting beat up".

Gabby laughed and said "that's the only way girl" and they high fived.
_______________
It was the end of their shift, so they were all heading back home.

"Hey, let's meet up at Molly's tonight!" Said Mouch.

"Why?" Tony asked "we are there all the time, is there a celebration or something?"

"We are going to drink isn't that enough" Mouch answered.

"And to make us more money of course!" Said Otis.

And Gabby along with Herrmann couldn't agree more. So they all decided that they would go.