Part 26 :

A good month had went by, Severide decided to keep working a little. Boden already offered him to take some time off to enjoy his family but he wanted to stay a little while still.

It was Tuesday and he was around 6am, he wasn't starting shift until 12pm. But he heard noises in the kitchen and he felt Stella's side empty. So he went to check in the kitchen.

He stayed hidden a little and just peeked with his head. And saw Stella holding Olivia on her shoulder, both of his girls were awake. He smiled.

"Hi! What are you both doing up?" He asked as he took Olivia.

"I was hungry, and I know Olivia is used to eating around this time too, i found her quiet as a mouse in her crib. So i took her with me" she was actually making a sandwich.

"At 6 in the morning you hungry Stella?" He asked confused.

"Excuse me to be, and um your daughter already ate so if you want to put her down to sleep be my guest!" She informed him.

"You burped her too?" He asked.

"Yes I did, any other questions? Plus you should be asleep, to get as much rest as possible"

"I heard noises so".

He then left with Olivia, rocking her so she could fall alseep. He then came back tot the kitchen to talk with Stella.

"She fell asleep, she's such a calm baby!" He said to Stella while stealing a piece of her sandwich she had just made.

"Hey!" She said semi screaming and whispering "its my sandwich, you make yourself one".

She laughed and started to go away with her sandwich. But Kelly wanted to play a little more and so he followed her, grabbing her and then snatched her sandwich.

"Kelly Severide!" She put both hands on her hips, looking at him a little mad.

"What?" He laughed and said as he took a big bite "i'll make you another one!"

"But it was my special sandwich" she made a cute face.

He came in front of her, them gave her a kiss and said "i'll make it even better you'll see, come with the chef while he is making that spectacular sandwich for you he smiled and took her by her hand.

They then made the sandwich together and Severide stayed up until the start of his shift, talking with Stella.
________________________
It was the middle of the afternoon, the firehouse have had small calls. But it was really quite right now.

Stella was out with Olivia to talk a walk, but when she was in the car she noticed something was wrong. And decided to drive to the firehouse. She parked quickly and took Olivia out of her car seat.

"Gabby! Brett!" She screamed hoping they would hear her.

Otis was checking the equipment , and saw Stella and how scared she looked.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I don't know Otis, I just!"

She decided to put Olivia on the squad table, she was turning blue.

"I think she's not breathing and..."

She stopped talking to check Olivia pulse. But couldn't get any, she started doing CPR, and giving her mouth to mouth so she could have air. Squad 3 was actually out on a call and not back yet.

Gabby and Brett then came out quickly, but saw Stella already had it under control.

"You need a ride to MED?" Gabby said.

"Yes! She's breathing now but I know something is wrong" she told them sure of herself.

She then gave Otis a look and he knew all he had to do was tell Kelly about all this.

They drove to MED so that Stella could know what was wrong with her little girl. She was only 1 month old, what could be happening.

"Hey stella, can i help you?" Maggie asked as she saw her alongside Gabby and Brett walking in.

"Yes, um I need to see Natalie please!"

"I'll page her!"

And so Maggie did and then Natalie was there in no time. She saw that Stella was really worried so she quickly asked what was happening.

"It's Olivia! I think she stopped breathing for a moment, she wasn't getting any oxygen and turning blue. I got her back but I don't know something is not right"

"Okay let's take a look, we'll run some tests to see what's wrong!"

And so Natalie took Olivia with her and Stella followed.
________________________
Back at the firehouse, Squad was back from the call. Otis quickly told Severide about what happened with his daughter and he left immediately.

He then got to MED to be with Stella and their baby girl.

"I'm here!" and he took her in his arms. "What happened?"

"I don't know, i saw in her car seat she was just weird. That's why I decided to go to the firehouse and" she took a deep breath "i feel like something is wrong with her Kelly"

She hugged him even tighter, Stella was strong and never the crying type. But this little one that came out of her was changing that slowly.

"I'm scared!" She told Kelly.

"I know but there's nothing to be scared about, let Natalie do all the tests and then we will see. But I'm sure everything is fine" and he rubbed her arm to make her feel like everything was going to be alright.

Brett and Gabby then had to head back to a scene, so they left both Kelly and Stella. They had to wait some hours until they could hear back from Natalie.
__________________________
After some hours waiting Natalie finally came back to them.

"So?" They got and both said at the same time.

"Well we did all the tests possible, and saw that your daughter actually has a heart defect. Now we couldn't see it before and it didn't manifest when she was born. But now that she is growing, the signs are starting to show."

"Is it something bad or life threatening?" Stella asked.

"It's not life threatening but if not cured it could actually be. Olivia will need surgery"

"I just want to know if the surgery is risky? Can it make her worse?"

"No, the surgery is actually simple, plus she will be recovering in no time. Now the sooner we do the surgery the better, she's already a month old and the more she grows the riskier it gets" then she added "tell me when you'll prefer it to be done!"

"As soon as possible!" Severide said without a doubt.

"Yes when is it that you can fit her in to get surgery?"

"Tomorrow actually! So it's up to you to decide"

"Of course well tomorrow it is, I just want her to be ok"

Then Natalie went to schedule little Olivia surgery and left Stella and Severide to go and see her.

She was actually crying when they got to her. Stella had been emotional the whole time waiting but Severide was still as solide as a rock but yet when he heard his baby's cry he couldn't hold his own tears. And it's like he all of a sudden realized what was happening.

He took her in his arms, rocking her and brushing his finger on her cheek. Then he took his baby voice.

"It's going to be okay baby girl, daddy's here! Nothing bad will happen to you"

Stella was just there witnessing how soft Kelly could be. And with Olivia in his arms, she felt complete. She then joined them and gave Olivia a kiss on her forehead.