Part 27

"It's going to be okay baby girl, daddy's here! Nothing bad will happen to you"

Stella was just there witnessing how soft Kelly could be. And with Olivia in his arms, she felt complete. She then joined them and gave Olivia a kiss on her forehead.

Both weren't about to leave the hospital so Natalie made sure to have them as comfortable as possible!

"Hey" Kelly shook Stella's arm a little bit.

"Yes!" She said opening her eyes slowly.

"Do you want anything to eat or to drink, you can't stay like this." He asked her concerned.

"Well just a tea maybe!" She smiled.

He then left to go to the cafeteria. They had to wait only till tomorrow but still it was killing the both of them. Their little girl was about to have surgery and they were not prepared for this.

While Kelly was at the cafeteria Natalie came to check in on the little Olivia. And so Stella woke up and asked Natalie.

"That thing she has, the heart defect! Is it something that happened when she was growing in my belly or could it be because of something I did." She looked concerned.

"What do you mean by something you did?" Natalie wasn't sure to understand exactly what Stella meant.

"Well I use to do drugs and I'm scared that maybe her heart defect has to do with this!" She explained.

"Oh no this has nothing to do with your use of drugs Stella. I know you might think it has but what Olivia has is something that happened when she was developing in your belly" she told Stella "some babies are born with it, at times we can detect it right after they are born but in your daughter's case it's only manifesting now"

Stella let out a sigh of relief. Her whole pregnancy she felt like her baby might have something because of her drug use in the past but now Natalie helped her realize that she was worrying for nothing.

"Thank you so much for everything!"

"Oh don't thank me, it's my job. And i'll get this little one back at home with you in no time" she smiled and then left the room.

Stella still had a little time alone with Olivia. Kelly was still not back, and so she saw her eyes opened.

She loved that little face of hers, and still couldn't believed she made her. Olivia had the strong blue eyes of her dad and that had Stella melting.

"You are going to get better my love" she held a little hand.

And Olivia made eye contact with her, and in that moment Stella started singing.

She actually loved to sing but never really did.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine! You make me happy when skies are grey. You never know dear how much I love you!"

And Olivia looked at her mom, her eyes shiny. Stella was in total awe. She smiled and kept singing because her baby girl loved it.

After a little while Kelly came back and was the one who actually got Olivia back to sleep.
_______________________
The next morning the surgery was at 10am. It was almost time and the nurses came to get Olivia to get her prepared for it.

Both Kelly and Stella were anxious, and as they left with Olivia she started crying.

And so Kelly hugged Stella tight in his arms. He knew she needed it.

After a while Natalie came to talk to both of them.

"So they just started the surgery on your daughter. It shouldn't be a long procedure, so i'll be back as soon as they are done"