Part 34 : Stab

"What?"

Severide was shocked and he clearly couldn't believe what was written on these papers. So during all this time Renee had been doing things behind his back.

"Listen I did what your mom thought was right, now I'm going to leave!" She told him and started to walk away slowly.

But Kelly didn't want her to leave just yet, so he tried reaching for her hand.

And he let out a little shy "hey".

"Yes what?" She turned back and let him grab her hand.

And it's like they were connected again just with the simple touch of their hands. They had both missed each other but it wasn't even near the end of this story.

"You don't need to go!"

"For now yes" she squeezed his hand and the left.

Of course she wanted to stay but she felt like for now he kind of had to talk to Renee alone.

And so he watched her leave and then went back inside.

"Mom could you go somewhere with Olivia, I need to talk with Renee alone! Please" he said seriously.

So Jennifer took Olivia from Renee and left, and decided to catch Stella so that she could spend time with her daughter.

"What's up Kelly?" Renee asked.

And so he threw the papers on the table in front of her. She didn't know what it was, until she opened and read it.

"Ke...kelly I can explain!"

"What are you going to explain? How you send in divorce papers I specifically " and He accentuated the specifically "asked you not to send! And on top of that you have the nerve to file a restraining order against Olivia's own mother"

"I..i..i" she weirdly wasn't finding her words anymore "I thought it was the best option, you and her barely talk. Plus weren't you the one to ask for the custody of Olivia?"

"And so that doesn't give the right to do things behind my back, I trusted you with this Renee"

"So? As a good lawyer I watched for your best interest"

"What is my best interest according to you, get rid of Stella?" He asked mad at her, mad at him for even reaching out to her in the first place.

"Oh please what kind of thing could you offer this poor child, with a mother like this, using drugs and no giving a single shit about her own baby"

"Now that's one thing I won't allow you to do, is down talk Stella. She's a great mother, and I'm sure you had something to do with the drugs. That was a mistake involving you in this, you've been manipulating me since the beginning" he said now realizing the snake Renee was.

"Stella has nothing to offer you Kelly, I just helped you guys resolve those issues. Make things easy for everybody"

"With what rights? You are a disgusting human being, you knew the whole situation and yet being a mother yourself you didn't care if you were to hurt Stella or my daughter" he was furious.

Just seeing her in front of him made him even more angry.

"Kelly I still love you!" She got up and got closer to him. "What we had was good, and I miss it"

She tried to grab his face and kiss him but he strongly held her wrist.

"No!" He firmly said.

"Why? You're not a married man anymore, let's have something"