Part 22 : A Change

Part 22 :

On his way to a get his shoulder checked, Severide received a call. Casey needed him for something, so he decided to cancel his appointment. And lied to Casey saying he didn't have anything to do.

Meanwhile Stella was at home, so she decided to check in every single places if she could find any pain killers. And what she found she threw them away.
______________________
After the whole morning out Severide came back home in the afternoon.

"Stella!" He then saw her on the couch. So he bent over and gave her a kiss.

He then sat next to her, and started rubbing her little belly.

"How are both of you doing?" He smiled.

"Good, what about you? What about your shoulder?" She asked concerned, she knew him and she felt like something was off.

"I'm good, I was helping Casey this morning." He answered without looking her in the eye, he was avoiding it. So he kept focusing on her belly.

"Kelly! Look at me" she put his chin up and looked at him concerned. "Weren't you supposed to go get your shoulder checked? You had an appointment and everything"

"Yes but Casey really needed me, so I went and helped him. Plus it's not like I don't have all the time in the world to go see the doctor" he said smiling.

He wasn't paying Stella much attention.

"Kelly!" She said again but angrier "This is not a joke, your job depends on it! I have a question"

So he looked at her, those blue eyes certain times had a way to make her forget things but this time. She knew he took those pills again, so she needed to go check his car.

"You still have pain killers?" Her face was serious.

"Yes but I'm not stupid" and he laughed nervously.

So Stella got up, took his car keys he had left on the kitchen counter, and went outside. She opened the glove box, and she found what she was looking for.

Severide followed her outside.

"What are you doing?" He asked confused.

"Getting rid of all this stuff"

She passed straight in front of Kelly, and went to the bathroom. So he followed her there too. She dumped all the pills in the toilet.

"No are you crazy!" He grabbed her arm to try and stop her but it was too late.

"You're hurting me Kelly" she told him.

And it's true his grip was too tight around her arm, but he didn't even realize.

"Sorry" he let her go.

She let out a sigh of frustration. Then she let herself slide onto the bathroom floor. She sure wasn't the one to easily cry, but this time she was.

"I don't know what to do, you need help. I mean do you want help, I just I want to help you but I..I don't know" what she was saying was all over place.

She then she started to make no sense. Kelly sat on the floor to get her to calm down. But it's like she was having an anxiety attack.

"Hey Stella look at me, breath in" and so he breathed with her and then said "now breath out" and did the same again.

He kept repeating the same thing over and over until he got her to breath normally. He checked her pulse to see if it was back to normal rhythm.

"You really scared me, do you want something to drink?" He asked her still concerned, he was observing her still with tears running down her cheeks.