__JUNE__

June; 2014

They are now on nickname basis.

She told him to call her MiMi; that no one calls her that, but it's always been a nickname she wanted someone to call her by. NamJoon was more than obliged to have the honor and in return told her to call him Joon.

And that's about where they are right now.

Affiliation wise; not physically.

Physically, they are sitting in the corner of the bookstore again. The tight space isn't enough for both of them, but they still manage to squish together.

NamJoon has long legs. He's aware of the limits of his extensive proportions and knows he can only cram so much of his legs between the bookshelves.

His frame is also significantly larger than JungMi's and requires more room to take up. Cramming his body between the bookshelves leaves so little space for JungMi herself, but she never complained about his company in the past few months that they've been meeting here.

“I never really liked my legs.” JungMi exasperates as she stretches out her legs to their full extent. Her legs lined up next to NamJoon's, sprawled out parallel to the shelves.

Even when she points out her toes, her legs barely reach NamJoon's ankles. He finds it cute the way she shuffles her feet because she's self-conscious about the length of her legs in comparison to his.

“Why? They look fine to me.” NamJoon reassures her, but she only nods absentmindedly. Her focus remains on her shoes as she moves her feet back and forth like windshield wipers.

“They’re too short. I wish they were longer.” She whines.

NamJoon chuckles as he stretches his legs, which had become stiff from sitting on the ground.

JungMi follows his lead and stretches her legs out, trying to extend them to be the same length as his, “How do you get such long legs?”

“Well, I don't think huddling in the corner is helping.” NamJoon teases as he holds onto the bookshelves for support as he stands up.

He waits for feeling to return to his legs after sitting on them for so long. His cheeks become warm when he notices JungMi examining his legs, scanning them up and down for their full length. She consciously runs her hands along the length of her own legs and notices how they get cut short in comparison to his.

NamJoon smiles at her antics before bending down to her height, so that they are eye to eye and she won't be focused on or intimidated by his height.

JungMi lifts her head and stops rubbing her legs consciously when she sees NamJoon's eyes crease from the tug of his smiling lips.

“C’mon! Let's go put those legs to work!” His eyes brighten up at the prospect of taking her on an adventure.

His childlike excitement entices her to agree with his unknown plans. Although the destination is unknown, JungMi mirrors his excitement.

=====

JungMi had let NamJoon guide her by the hand out of the bookstore and towards Gyeongbokung station. She let him pull her by the hand to board a bus taking them all the way to the other side of the city to eastern Seoul. She even let him drag her through Ttukseom Han River Park before stopping at a biking trail.

“This really isn't a good idea…” JungMi trails off as NamJoon returns from a Rent-A-Bike station holding a bicycle by the handles and steering it towards her. The wheels on the transport make a clicking sound with each rotation, almost in order to taunt her. She feels her initial excitement starting to dwindle.