__MAY__

May ; 2017

"And the Billboard Music Award goes to..."

NamJoon holds his breath.

He stares intently as the announcers on stage open the foldable containing the name of the winner.

He bites his bottom lip in anticipation.

He crosses his fingers...

"BTS!"

Their title is announced on the speakers and causes the audience to cheer in reaction. NamJoon stands immediately with his face in his hands. He turns to his band members who all rise at the calling of their group name. They all have smiles on their faces and a look of amazement is mutual among all of them: it's truly a historic moment, and it's all happening in an outbreak of joy. Pure joy; the kind that can only be experienced after a long period of turmoil.

NamJoon pulls all six of his band members in for a group hug; a release from all of their past hardships leading up to this moment. This moment is only to be filled with joy; there's no room for any sadness from the past beyond this moment.

NamJoon leads his members down the aisle and through the audience, who are all giving a standing ovation as the Korean boy group pass through.

NamJoon humbly accepts the award from the announcers as the rest of the group file onto the stage. He ushers the members to wrap around the mic so all of their faces can be seen.

NamJoon is at the center of attention with all eyes in the stadium on him.

He stands in front of a mic, in front of an audience, right where he always envisioned himself to be. He has worked his way up until he can finally stand on the platform that allows him to do what he loves to do most with the people he loves the most. He's never felt more proud in his existence.

Holding the award in one hand and supporting the bottom with his other hand, NamJoon steps forward to speak into the mic, "ARMY, our fandom, thank you very much."

He can't help but flash his dimples as the crowd erupts in cheering.

"And you know we still cannot believe that we're standing here on the stage at Billboard Music Award.
Oh my gosh." NamJoon lifts his head away from the mic to catch his breath. He's still breathing in the moment. He can feel his band members radiating all of their emotions and feelings around him.

"And it is so great to see all the artists we admire.
And feel honored to be in this category with such great artists. You know like, right in front of us." NamJoon stumbles for a moment as he tries to translate his thoughts into another language, "It's really honored and... Most importantly this award belongs to the every people all around the world that shine the love and light on us by the millions and make BTS proud really everywhere."

NamJoon pauses and pulls away from the mic as the audience cheers again in response. His next words are meticulously spoken. He concludes his award winning speech by saying, "Please, ARMY, remember what we say, love myself, love yourself."
He finishes his speech by switching from English to Korean; his speech becoming much more relaxed as his tongue speaks the language he's comfortable speaking in, "We really love you all. Thank you. 'Till next time, this is BTS."

The band members all clap and grin when they are able to understand the end of his speech.

"Thank you billboard for supporting us, thank you." NamJoon gratefully announces into the mic right before the commercial break could start. He mouths a final 'thank you very much' to the camera before turning his attention to his band members who are all still in disbelief, despite NamJoon holding the award in his hands.

They've done something that was supposed to be unachievable; they've done something that has never been done before.

NamJoon hands the award to Yoongi as they all walk off the stage the same way they walked on: Together.