Chapter four |Meeting|

Lorenzo pov
I drove to the hotel to have the pills studied. I needed to know why Rose wanted Andreas not to have them. Something was wrong and she couldn't tell me, so I will find out on my own.

"Ah, Mr. Rivera shall I have the suite prepared for you tonight?"

"Yes, thank you Cassian. I need to get a few things done tonight. Can you call in Gino? I have something I need him to look into."

"I will do that right away sir. Please wait at the bar for Gino to come." I nod to Cassian and head to the bar.

"The usual," I tell the bartender and sit down in one of the high chairs. After a few minutes of waiting and sipping on a scotch, Gino arrived. He placed his briefcase on the counter and sat beside me. "Mr. Rivera, you have called on me."

"Yes, Gino need you to look into these pills," I say taking the pills I placed in a plastic bag out of my jacket pocket. "Not to question your lead of the family, Lorenzo, but what are you looking into?"

"I trust you like a brother Gino. Be careful with this project. I am looking into the Chevalier family, specifically Marius. Something is not right and I want to know what it is."

"You must know their control is stronger than ours."

"I do know, Gino. That's why I need you to tell no others. They have stronger connections in France than us. This isn't Italy and I know that. I just believe my friend is in danger. Do what you can Gino."

"I will for you Lorenzo. I owe your family more than you know." Gino took the pills and placed them into his briefcase. He walked off just as a group of entered the bar.

"We aren't old enough Lydia, there is no way they are going to serve us," one of the girls said to the other.

"C'mon we need a drink after everything that has happened today." They walked up to Sammy, the bartender, just a few chairs away from mine.

"I'd like a glass of white wine," the girl with red hair said. Sammy asked for ID, since it was pretty obvious they were Americans and pretty young.

"Cmon, it's Paris. Can't you make an exception?" The girl whined.

Sammy looked over at me and I nodded signaling it was okay to serve them. This got the attention of the girls and she gasp. Probably the most handsome person she has ever seen. ¨Holy shit, he's sitting right there!"

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion until I noticed the girl beside the red head. Ally. I immediately got up from my chair and made my way to where they were sitting at the bar. "Excuse me," I start to be cut off by the red head. "Allison, you were right! He did find us!" The red head remarks.

"You are Allison?" I ask the pretty brunette.

"Yes," she answers getting up out of her chair.

"Can I speak with you and your friends privately?" I ask quietly, looking around the restaurant for anyone watching us. "Yes, come on guys we have to go with him," Allison announces to her friends. I nod to Sammy. He looks around before pulling a beer tap, opening the Rivera family room. I signal for them to follow.

"Wait, do you like own this place?" A guy from her group asks.

"In fact, I own many places just like this one. My name is Lorenzo Rivera, please sit," I introduce, gesturing to the chairs around the family poker table. It was where we held our important meetings over poker games. They took their seats and I got right into it. "You all know Andreas from what I have gathered?"

"Yeah, but he doesn't seem to know us," One guy muttered.

"I believe his medication is the reason he does not remember any of you. Especially you Allison. I remember how he spoke of you in his letters. He always said how amazing you were and how much he missed you when he left for America. But when I brought you up today he told me he didn't know any Allys. He thought I may be confused, but I knew you were real. So like his mother, Rose advised me-"

"Rose is okay?" Allison asks, cutting me off. "From my knowledge, yes she is fine. She advised me to take away his pills. So I stole his pills and replaced them with IBuprofen pills. I am currently having his meds examined by our family's closest advisor."

"I don't know if you know, but Marius is a violent man who used to abuse Andreas as a child. He left to escape his father and now it is as if none of it happened. I can't stand by another day, while he is living in a lie," Allison says, growing upset.

"I did not know of what you have spoken, but I have suspected it over the years. Andreas was always careful with his letters, only putting the things that were good in his life, like you. But I am sad to say that you must wait. Marius has connections. The kind that will have you killed for what you know."

"What are we supposed to do then, wait around?" The one with a crooked jaw asks.

"I honestly don't know what to do. We have no assets in Paris. Every hunter, business man, mobster.. Is too afraid to cross Marius."

"Well would a beta, true alpha, kitsune, and a banche help?" The boy with fair skin added.

"It is something," the small, muscular one added.

"A true alpha?"

"Yes, Scott is one," the fair boy said pointing at crooked jaw.

"Well that is pretty cool. I just don't know how much it could help."

My phone begins to ring. I take it out and look at the caller ID. "Ah, this is my guy. He probably has results on the pills. I will put him on speaker phone." I answer the call and put on speaker phone.

"Gino, did you get the results yet?"

"To think, a Rivera would cross me as you have."

Marius