Chapter eight |he shot you bro|

Previously on Remember Me part 2:

"Let's give them a minute," Dad says pulling me out onto the balcony. "He doesn't know who we are Dad," I stutter, the tears falling down. "I love him and he doesn't even know who I am," I whimper and begin to sob. My dad takes me into his arms and rubs my back. "It is going to be okay Allison. We are going to get him back." I begin to hear sirens and I look down at the ground to see trucks of soldiers rush the building. "Dad what is going on?" He opens the door to the room to find it empty. I look below again to see Rose and Andreas being dragged into one of the trucks. I run to get down there, but my dad stops me. "We can't get him with all of those soldiers around. Allison, it is too dangerous! We will have to find a new way."

"I don't want to leave them with that monster anymore! What will happen to them?! To Rose after escaping like she did?! I can't let Marius win!" I yell at my dad trying to rip from his hold.

"We will get them Allison, just not today," Dad says holding me tight.

<><>

I can't believe that sick bastard did that to us. That he did that to me. And that the woman I was going to marry was apart of it all. I could be living that lie for the rest of my life. Thank god my mom told me before they got there. I am never taking those fucking pills again. Now I just have to act like I don't know for my moms sake. Now I just need to figure out how to get rid of him for good and quickly before things get worse. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

The soldiers drag us out of the Rivera and into the military trucks. I let them drag me as to not make a scene and put on my best performance once we get into the truck. "Rose and Andreas, it is so good to see you both." 

"It is good to see you too Dad," I say, while internally I want to stab the man in front on me. 

"I was so worried something happened to the both of you, so I asked a friend to help me find you. Sorry it may seem dramatic to you both, but I just would die if anything happened to the both of you." 

"You really would?" Mom asks optimistically and I pinch her side. We had to keep it together any slip up could ruin everything. Marius just laughs like she was joking. "I missed that sense of humor of yours Rose. It has been awhile since I have seen your fire." My mom cringes away from him into my side. "Anyway Andreas, I heard you and Satine had a fight earlier. Is everything okay?"

"Everything will be fine in time. I believe it was just a misunderstanding between us." 

"Yes, such things can happen. I am sure you will end up being perfectly happy together like your mom and I." He smiles at my mom and I think to myself how deranged could he be?

We get home in a short amount of time and I follow my mom to her room, while Marius goes into his study. We close the door and lock it from the inside. "What are we supposed to do? He is watching us more closely now. He will suspect something if we try and leave soon," I said.

"I don't know honey. I don't know what to do. It was practically impossible keeping you from him all of these years and now I don't think he is ever going to let us go. Not without a fight. All I know is we cannot take any action yet. He knows something is wrong already. What we need to do first is to get Lucas on our side again. We need his help in figuring out what to do next," Mom declared.

"I can do that. I can get him back," I insisted. 

<><><>

I went to Lucas's room after leaving mom's. On my way there, I stopped when I heard Satine and Marius talking in hushed voices. "He either knows or will soon and it is all your fault for your little mix up. You just had to go and taught my wife you stupid girl." 

"She is hardly your wife! You lock her in that room everyday! If she could go, she would be long gone by now!" A loud piercing slap echoes through the house. "Don't ever say that again. I am only allowing you to stay alive because of my son's misplaced affection for you. You are more delusional than me to believe he actually loves you. He loves Allison and you know it." I could hear Satine begin to sob as my dad told her to get out of his sight. She rushed into our room and slammed the door shut as quickly continued to Lucas's room as to not be seen. His door was not locked so I knocked twice before entering. Lucas was sitting on his bed watching the Great British Bake Off on the telly. "Hey can we talk?" I ask as I sit down next to him. "Yeah, what's up?" Lucas asks, turning down the volume. "Okay this is going to sound pretty crazy-" 

"Don't tell me I am going to be an Uncle already!?" Lucas asks mortified. 

"No, No, dude, no way," I laugh, shaking my head quickly.

"Oh okay, then what is it?" Lucas asks patiently. 

"Again, stay with me on this. But I need you to stop taking the medication for the car accident." 

"But that is the only thing that helps our us remember. Our memories would be lost without it," Lucas immediately defends. 

"No that is what he has been telling us, but it is just not true Lucas. Those pills don't help us keep our memories, they take them away. It is why we don't remember things he doesn't want us to. Lorenzo knew Ally and I didn't. She was supposedly my first friend even before you. How could I forget someone that meant that much to me? He took that away from me Lucas. Marius is taking our memories, so we don't leave him." 

"But your dad is helping us. He saved us from the accident. Satine told me everything," Lucas insisted. 

"I'm sorry Lucas, but Satine is in on it. She wants us to not remember how much of a psycho she has always been." 

"No, I don't believe you. You love my sister, you guys just had a fight and you are just thinking crazy cause of it." 

"No! Lucas face the facts! Nothing has ever added up since the accident. You know that hole in your stomach doesn't come from a car accident. That is a f*cking bullet hole. His minions shot you bro. Then he slammed a fricken rock on my head and brought us here. He has been feeding us lies ever since we came here months ago. We have to get away and the first step to do that is for you to trust me and stop taking the pills." 

"You have never led me astray mate. I will trust you in this, but if I get killed I am going to be so pissed." 

"You better be good at acting then." 

"Welp, I am dead." 

We both laugh and dump the pills down the drain.

Okay! First I am so sorry about not updating. Things have been really crazy at college, but I will keep trying to get updates up here and there for the folks still around. thank you guys for the support!

Maggie