Chapter five |Safe House|

Previously on Remember Me

My phone begins to ring. I take it out and look at the caller ID. "Ah, this is my guy. He probably has results on the pills. I will put him on speaker phone." I answer the call and put on speaker phone.

"Gino, did you get the results yet?"

"To think, a Rivera would cross me as you have."

Marius

<><>

Fuck.

"I thought you would know better Lorenzo."

"I thought you were a good father."

"I am a good father. That's why I am taking care of this situation for my son. Goodbye, Lorenzo." The warning signal in the room lights up red and I yell for everyone to get down. Bullets pierce through the wall as we lay low. "Follow me," I tell the other as I take them out the back door of the room. They crawl behind me as bullets continue to fly through the room. I press the red button on the exit door, signaling for help. The safety car automatically pulls up. It whole car was bullet proof and had coordinates for the safe house. "Did Marius really just try to kill us?" Lydia asks, shocked as we rushed into the car.

"It looks like so, sweetheart. But don't worry you guys. This car will take us to the safe house. We will be protected there."

<><><><><><><><><><><>

Marius Pov

Andreas began to move around in his hospital bed, eventually waking himself up. "How do you feel son?" I ask getting up from my chair beside his bed.

"Strange, like I missed something. Did much happen while I was out?"

"No, of course not son." 

"Did mom not want to see me?" Andreas asks looking around the empty room besides him and I. 

"She was not feeling well. So I asked the maids to keep an eye on her in her room." 

"What about Satine and my friends?" 

"Satine and Lucas went back home because we misplaced your medication for your car accident, so they are grabbing you more pills." 

"And Lorenzo?" He asks sitting up in his bed.

"I think something urgent happened in Italy and so he was had to fly home. I am not sure he will even be back for the wedding. He isn't the best of friends Andreas, selfish it seems to just take off right when you needed him."

"I bet it was really important. Lorenzo never does anything without thinking things though."

"I wouldn't believe that anymore, son. Not after what happened today."

"What do you mean? I shouldn't trust him after he helped me get into the ambulance?" Damn kid was too smart for his own good.  "That's not what I meant, son. Just that he did abandon you in your time of need and before your wedding." 

"I am sure he will return before the wedding, Dad."

"I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you." 

<><><>

Satine Pov 

"Come brother, we have to grab Andreas an extra set of pills while we are here," I tell Lucas as we walk around the Chevalier mansion. "Why did something happen?" Lucas asks as he follows me to the kitchen. "Nothing to concern yourself with, just a simple mistake that has been taken care of," I answer grabbing the white pill bottle. "Speaking of the accident, have you seen Lorenzo? I haven't seen him around the mansion or the hospital."