Chapter nine |Stay with Me|

Previously on Remember Me P2:

"No that is what he has been telling us, but it is just not true Lucas. Those pills don't help us keep our memories, they take them away. It is why we don't remember things he doesn't want us to. Lorenzo knew Ally and I didn't. She was supposedly my first friend even before you. How could I forget someone that meant that much to me? He took that away from me Lucas. Marius is taking our memories, so we don't leave him."

"But your dad is helping us. He saved us from the accident. Satine told me everything," Lucas insisted.

"I'm sorry Lucas, but Satine is in on it. She wants us to not remember how much of a psycho she has always been."

"No, I don't believe you. You love my sister, you guys just had a fight and you are just thinking crazy cause of it."

"No! Lucas face the facts! Nothing has ever added up since the accident. You know that hole in your stomach doesn't come from a car accident. That is a f*cking bullet hole. His minions shot you bro. Then he slammed a fricken rock on my head and brought us here. He has been feeding us lies ever since we came here months ago. We have to get away and the first step to do that is for you to trust me and stop taking the pills."

"You have never led me astray mate. I will trust you in this, but if I get killed I am going to be so pissed."

"You better be good at acting then."

"Welp, I am dead."

We both laugh and dump the pills down the drain.

<><><><><><><><>

Andreas pov

"What are we supposed to do now?" Lucas asks as we flush the pills down with the faucet.

"I honestly don't know. I feel like my whole life has been turned upside down. I was planning a wedding to a girl I genuinely thought I loved and it turns out she was just lying to me about everything. My dad who I have grown so close to, used to abuse me everyday. It just is so much at once. I don't know what to believe anymore."

"Me either. But we can't just sit here and feel sorry for ourselves. We need to do something. We need to get our memories back and figure out how the hell all of this happened." 

"Your right Lucas. Let's go talk to my Mom first." We walk down the hall from Lucas' guest room to my Mom's room to find the room empty. "Maybe she's in the kitchen," I say. We continued to search the house, but we couldn't find her anywhere. 

"Maybe, she is in your Dad's study?" I shrug my shoulders as if saying maybe and we head to the study. Dad told me I should never go in there and it immediately felt wrong as soon as I stepped into the room. 

"Something doesn't feel right in here," I whisper, my voice uneasy. 

"We will just look around really quick. It'll be fine," Lucas advised, as he passed by me stepping further into the room. I took a deep breath and followed him to search. There were old pictures of me and dad when I was younger. I couldn't recall any memories of the pictures and I looked to be about 10 years old. Lucas seemed to notice, "You don't remember them?" 

"No. To me that looks like a completely different person," I declare honestly. Lucas sighs and continues to search through Dad's things. I begin to search the bookshelves for anything unusual when I find the beastiary. It had been so long since I last looked at it from what I remember, so I went to take it off the self when the whole book case shifted revealing a secret room. It had this weird board filled with pictures of people I couldn't recognize. They looked to be about all my age and there was information on each of them. There was a picture of the girl in the hotel room my mom came in with. Under her picture, was her name-- Allison. It got weirder when I saw my own picture along with one of Lucas and Lorenzo. "What is this? Who are these people?" Lucas questions, confused. 

"I don't know, but this is Allison. This must be the girl Lorenzo was talking about that day at Deku. I feel like I know her, but I just can't remember how," I sigh, I thought maybe, just maybe coming here would bring back some memories but nothing was coming to me as I stared at the photos on the board. 

"What do you think you two are doing?" I voice asked from the doorway. Dad.

Lucas and I quickly turn around to face him. "Um... we were just looking for Mom, she promised to make us some food," I attempt to lie. 

"And you thought she would be in this secret room?" He asked with a laugh. I couldn't tell if he was joking and so I laughed with him nervously. 

"You boys never cease to amuse me," He says walking over to us. I back away without thinking as he grows closer. He goes over to Lucas and sets his hand on his shoulder. "I really thought this wouldn't happen again. That we could all just be happy  like we used to," his grip tightened on Lucas as he continued, "no one had to get hurt, but now you leave me with absolutely no choice just like your mother did," he finishes his speech by stabbing Lucas in the stomach with a knife from his pocket. 

"No!" I scream, as he Lucas drops to the floor and Dad removes the knife. I tackle my father to the ground in anger as Lucas' blood pools on the floor. "How could you!?" I scream as I attempt to take the knife from him. 

"You did this," he growled, as he drug the knife across my chest. I groaned in pain as the warm blood began to sink into my shirt. "Stay down," Marius demanded as he stood over me. "You have always been so weak and I did what I could to make you strong. But your mother, she ruined you. She let you grow soft. You could have been the best of us all and look at you. You still can't even defeat your old man. That's why I will personally train you just we used to. No more pretending." 

"No. I'm not weak and Mom didn't ruin me. She saved me from you. I know everything. She told me it all," I remark as I circle my feet around kicking his legs out from under him before immediately getting on top of him taking the knife away. I put the knife over his neck and press it hard. He laughs as blood drips down his neck. "I taught you well," he smiles.

"I can't believe you still think that. After all you have taken away from me," I say disgusted. Lucas moans in pain clutching his stomach which distracts me momentarily but enough for my father to get the upper hand by back handing me off of him. I grimace in pain before lashing out with the knife but to no avail. Marius moved just far enough back and knocked my arm back causing the knife to clink on the floor. Marius tried to reach for it, but I kicked it away. He then attempted to get up grabbed his shirt and punched him square in the jaw. His head knocked against the floor from the blow and the knocked out cold. I turned my attention to Lucas. He was ghostly pale with his blood soaking into his clothes as his breathing become shallower and shallower. He was fading fast and lost a lot of blood. "You're gonna be okay. I promise," I gushed, my hands shaking as I applied pressure to the wound. "I really need you to stay with me Lucas. Please-please stay with me," I beg as I lift him into my arms and run out of the room.  

Words > 1398

It has been an incredibly long time! I'm so sorry guys. This is for the real ones who stuck around :). Stay healthy and safe everyone!

Maggie