Wish Granted

Shadow returned home in a mildly good attitude. He had just gotten off from an assignment from G.U.N. and could not wait until he could open the door and wrap his arms around her. G.U.N. had excused her from the mission when the last had caused her injury. Eggman's robots had attacked them when they infiltrated his base to download and intercept plans for his next attack on the city. One had snared her and crushed the tip of her wing, making flying awkward and lop-sided. She had needed surgery for the partially-broken wing and the agency forbid her to accompany Shadow on any dangerous missions until she was fully healed.

Now, having arrived safely, he headed down the sidewalk to a more remote section of the town where he and his beloved lived.

"Rouge…" he sighed blissfully remembering when she had first moved in with him. They had been dating for the better part of two years now and everything still felt as if it was brand new. The excitement never diminished.

Their relationship was never sought out, neither of them had expected or even would have thought their current relationship was possible if it wasn't for one albino hedgehog. Silver had only come to visit the past once more and ask a sertan blue hedgehog what the best strategies would be best to regroup the survivors of the Flames of Disaster. When he had talked to Shadow and Rouge about their ideas for best survival, he had noticed a small awkwardness between the two. Though neither of them realized, the bat and hedgehog seemed to have a fondness for each other, and they deeply showed it to one another when the other was hurt or would go off on their own. Silver had set up a plan to get the two together, and evidently it had worked well enough to keep them together.

He strode up the porch steps lightly, hoping she was watching television in the foyer so he could surprise her. Creeping up to the door, the put an ear to it. The house was dead silent. He placed his he into the lock. One, two, three clicks sounded as he then retrieved the key and put in back in its usual place under the mat. The knob spun, the door creaked open, and Shadow stepped inside.

He didn't take one step inside before he heard moaning. Not hurt moaning, but regretful, pleasured moaning. His eyes flashed wide as he heard it again and again. Trying to be as stealthful as possible, he followed the sound to the kitchen where he could not believe what his eyes told him he saw. The albino bat was stretched out over top of an azure hedgehog, pinning him down hard while her eyes told of mischief and his told of fear and discust. Her hands explored him while her lips planted kiss after kiss on his chest.

"Please," he moaned breathlessly trying to get out of the bat's grasp "Rouge, stop this…" panting he squirmed.

"Why Sonic?" she smirked, proud of herself for how uncomfortable the hedgehog was getting "I know you like it…" so saying, she grasped Sonic's soft spot and a load moan rang out.

His back arched at the unexpected attack, and his eyes clamped shut. "I… auh, what about Sh-shadow?"

"What about him?" her nose crumpled in discust "I've grown bored of him, he's too dull, he never pleases me like he used to, he's grown too soft."

Shadow could not believe his ears. If this what she really thought of him? After all this time? Unconshesly, tears began to streak his face, his fists clenching and unclenching.

Sonic seemed shocked by her reply as well, "But you too have always been so close! Did shadow's words mean nothing to you?"

Shadow's eyes squeezed tight, remembering what he was referencing to. In Silver's Plan to hook them up, he convinced Shadow to make a special appearance at Club Rouge. Silver got Rouge to keep the club open later than usual while he composed a poem and put it to song. After a strangely romantic song, Shadow stepped out from behind the curtain and took center stage. A baffled Rouge tried to race up and tell him to get down, but Silver kept her in place. The hedgehog on stage cleared his throat as the lights dimmed around him, leaving only one, bright spotlight. Shadow had his slightly-crumpled piece of paper in hand as the base guitars and drums tapped out a simple beat. Feeling the rhythm, he spoke in a soft, yet bold voice.